Visit Hartford - Best of Hartford
Hartford is the capital of the state of Connecticut. The major tourist spots in Hartford are located in the old Wethersfield area and the main town area. The former is home to pre-Civil War structures like the houses of famous residents namely Isaac Stevens and Joseph Webb. Main town Hartford has the Connecticut Science Center and the government buildings of the state. You will also see the house in Nook Farm where Mark Twain wrote a number of his books. Hartford is also home to offices of several insurance companies. Throughout the year, on public occasions and holidays, downtown Hartford organises parades of all kinds as a part of the celebrations. Visit Hartford for a quick retreat away from daily routines.
Hartford Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Hartford tips for your visit
- Hartford Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00)
- Currency: United States Dollar
- Electricity: US uses 110 Volts, 60 Hz alternating current as power. Plug sockets have ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type A) and grounded 3 pin connections (Type B)
- Languages: Majority of the people in United States speak English.
- Internet: 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi connections are available in almost every hotel in the city. The city also has public Wi-Fi in some areas.
- Security: Police: 911
- Ambulance: 911
- Tipping in America is a thanking gesture. Tipping is not mandatory, however if your wish to tip, one can tip at least 15% at a restaurant, $2 per bag to porters at hotels and $3-5 for valet services.
- Copy documents such as credit cards, itineraries, emergency contact information and important phone numbers. Leave copies of documents with a reliable person.
- Familiarize yourself with local traffic laws and customs.
- Pickpockets are often attracted to crowded places. Be aware of someone who bumps, shoves or gets too close.
- Do not leave any articles such as phones, purses and wallets unattended.
- Don’t honk your horn. It’s uncivil and isn’t done. It’s also illegal, except in emergencies.
- Select sightseeing companies and guides carefully. Make sure they are legitimate. Check with your hotel staff for recommendations.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Hartford and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Hartford- Know before you go to Hartford
Facts and Stats for Hartford*
Pollution Statistics in Hartford
Know the pollution level of Hartford before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 16.67 (Very Low)
Water Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 66.67 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 50 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 16.67 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 16.67 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 16.67 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 41.67 (Moderate)
Hartford: Crime and Safety
How safe is Hartford for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Hartford.
Burglary and Theft 57.69 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 53.85 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 47.92 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 50 (Moderate)
Car Stealing 48.08 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 54.17 (Moderate)
Attacks 48.08 (Moderate)
Drug offense 62.5 (High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 57.14 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during night 34.62 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 42.31 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 41.67 (Moderate)
Property crimes and Vandalism 58.33 (Moderate)
Living in Hartford - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Hartford is 157.27 (Very High)
Safety Index 46.41 (Moderate)
Climate Index 69.63 (High)
Pollution Index 31.61 (Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 34.75 (Low)
Cost of Living Index 80.67 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 60.42 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 2.18 (Very Low)
Purchasing Power Index 88.47 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Hartford
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Hartford
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 12 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 42.5 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 72.5 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 41 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Hartford Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Hartford
- Cities Near Hartford
- New Haven Tourism
- Coventry Tourism
- Providence Tourism
- Boston Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Jersey City Tourism
- East Hartland Tourism
- Lakeville Tourism
- Hinsdale Tourism
- Top cities from United States
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- Leona Valley Tourism
- San Jon Tourism
- Craftsbury Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Barcelona Tourism
- Auchinleck Tourism
- Livry-sur-seine Tourism
- Radcliffe On Trent Tourism