Connecticut State Capitol188 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hartford, CT 06106, USA, 6106, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8602400222
- Fax: +1-8602408627
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
The Connecticut State Capitol comprises of some of the most important institutions of the state of Connecticut like the Lower House, Upper House, State Senate, General assembly, Governor's office and the House of Representatives. The building was built from 1872 – 1878 and the architecture is a classic mix of Eastlake Movement architecture stylized with a few French and Gothic elements. All over the structure is brilliant to look at, and is a marvelous work of art. It is also very interesting to see the lawmakers at work in their elements and learn more about the history of Connecticut.
Connecticut State Capitol Travel Tips
- Check official website or call before scheduling a visit to verify tour timings.
Entrance Ticket Details For Connecticut State Capitol
- Free tour
Connecticut State Capitol Hours
- Given timings are for self-guided tours.
- Self guided tours (Monday – Friday): 8 am – 5 pm
- Guided tours: 9:15 am, 10:15am, 11:15 am, 12:15 pm and 1:15 pm
- Guided tours (July and August): 9:15 am, 10:15am, 11:15 am, 12:15 pm, 1:15 pm and 2:15 pm
- Each tour lasts for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Tour timings may vary, so please call before visiting.
- Closed on all State holidays, day after Thanksgiving.
How to Reach Connecticut State Capitol
- By Bus: Bus 921 stops at Capitol Ave and State Capitol bus station.
- By Train: The Hartford Station is at a short distance.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hartford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hartford and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.24% of people who visit Hartford include Connecticut State Capitol in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
46.34% of people start their Connecticut State Capitol visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Connecticut State Capitol
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Connecticut State Capitol
Connecticut State Capitol Reviews & Ratings
Is the Connecticut Capital building open on the weekends for a tour?Answer Report Abuse
Not sure but it seems that the Connecticut Capital building remains shut for tours on weekends. You can confirm by calling them at Connecticut State Capitol contact number 1-8602400222.Report Abuse