Elizabeth Park106 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1561 Asylum Ave, West Hartford, CT 06117, USA, 06117, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8602319443
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Parks, Playgrounds
The 102 acre Elizabeth Park was opened in 1897 and was called Prospect Hill back when it was inaugurated. Today the park is one of the most beautiful spots in Hartford with its quaint pathways, green lawns, gardens, Lord and Burnham greenhouses, picnic grove and even a wonderful pond. Apart from these attractions the rose garden is also a very important spot with its more than 15000 bushes of 800 rose varieties. The Rose garden is now one of the biggest attractions of the park and attracts thousands of tourists each year.
Elizabeth Park Travel Tips
- No fires or barbecues allowed in park.
- Park is wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Elizabeth Park
- Free entry, but donations are appreciated.
Elizabeth Park Hours
- Elizabeth Park is open from sunrise to sunset every day.
How to Reach Elizabeth Park
- By Bus: Bus 72 stops at Asylum Ave and Elizabeth Park bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hartford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hartford and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.63% of people who visit Hartford include Elizabeth Park in their plan
33.33% of people start their Elizabeth Park visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Elizabeth Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Elizabeth Park
Elizabeth Park Reviews & Ratings
Where is convenient parking?Answer Report Abuse
There are three different parking lots in the park itself - you can park near the greenhouse or near the picnic area or opt for the lot near Sunrise Overlook right off Prospect Avenue. Parking on Western Loop and Prospect Avenue is also allowed outside the park.Report Abuse