Old State HouseCurrently Open
- Address: 800 Main St, Hartford, CT 06103, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-8605226766
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Old State House in Hartford is popularly believed to be the first public building that was constructed in the city and was used for various official purposes. Over the years it has seen a number of famous people and popular events being hosted. Thus, the building was also declared to be a National Historic Landmark in 1960. Though the building has been closed for indoor viewing, the architecture of the building is such, that it is a sight to behold on your visit to Hartford. The fancy building is sure to arouse everyone’s curiosity and its rumors of being haunted have further added to the building popularity.
Old State House Travel Tips
- The Old State House is currently closed for indoor viewing. It can be observed from the outside though.
Entrance Ticket Details For Old State House
- Free attraction.
Old State House Hours
- Open 7 days a week.
How to Reach Old State House
- By Bus: Buses 30, 80, 85 and others stop at Central Row and O S H bus station.
- By Train: Hartford Station is a short walk away.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hartford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hartford and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.22% of people who visit Hartford include Old State House in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
35.14% of people start their Old State House visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Old State House
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old State House