How to Reach Hat Yai
- By Air: Hat Yai International Airport has flights from destinations like Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. You can reach the city from the airport with the help of taxis, limousines, minivans and songthaews.
- By Train: There are regular trains departing to Bangkok, Sungai Kolok, Butterworth (Malaysia) and Surat Thani. You can make reservations both at the train station or the travel agencies, though the latter ones take extra charge for the service.
- By Bus: Hat Yai has standard, air-conditioned, and mini buses running to and from several places including Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Ipoh, Singapore, Dannok, Padang Besar and Sungai Kolok.
- By Minivan: Minivans are available from many places in Southern Thailand, and are cheaper than the buses.
- By Tuk-Tuk/Motorbike-Taxi: The city has an abundance of tuk-tuks and motorbike taxis that help you get anywhere in the city.
- By Songtaew: These are the best way to get around the city and usually follow a fixed route.
- By Motorbike: You can rent a motorbike at some repair shops or rental agencies and explore various places to see in the city.
- By Car: Cars can be rented at several car-rental shops if you want to drive on your won. You can also hire a driver otherwise.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Hat Yai. The most preferred mode of transport in Hat Yai is Bike.
Average distance: 7 km Average time: 10 min
Bike 50%Bike 10 min Overall average time for 10 kms 10 min
Motorbike 50%Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 4 kms 10 min