St Pierre Kilisesi92 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Küçük Dalyan Mah., 31000 Antakya/Hatay, Turkey Map
- Phone: +90-3262251568
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
The St Pierre Kilisesi or the Church of St Peter is a circa 1100 church built in a cave on the Mt Staurin. This early Christian church stands 23 feet tall with the width of 31 feet and the depth of 42 feet. The church is often mentioned as one of the oldest churches for Christianity, owing to the floor mosaics and frescoes on the altar sides which date back to 4th-5th century. The stone altar inside the St Pierre Kilisesi is beneath the stonework platform dedicated to the patron saint St Peter. There is also the marble sculpture of St Peter at the altar. The church houses the grave of Frederick Barbarossa and a few other graves around the altar and in the garden.
How to Reach St Pierre Kilisesi
- Rented Car/ Taxi
- St Pierre Kilisesi Address: Küçük Dalyan Mah., 31000 Antakya/Hatay, Turkey
- St Pierre Kilisesi Contact Number: +90-3262251568
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!