How to Reach Havelock Island
- By Air: Havelock does not have its own airport. Flights disembark at Port Blair. From here, you can hop on a ferry or book a helicopter ride.
- By Ferry: Ferries run frequently from Port Blair to Havelock. There is also one ferry that runs once daily from Rangat and one from Neil Island.
- By Helicopter: A private company organizes helicopter rides from Port Blair to Havelock. Although expensive and not economical, it is an experience to be had.
- By Bus: Having only 2 main roads stretching across the island, Havelock has a couple of rickety busses running on regular schedules.
- By Walking: The best way to explore the island is on foot.
- By Auto Rickshaws: Having fixed, standardized rates, auto rickshaws are available on the island.
- By Shared Jeeps: A good way to travel around the island. Very economical.
- Two Wheelers: Hiring bicycles, scooters and motorcycles is possible on the island. Infact, many tourists love exploring the island on a bicycle.
- Private Taxis: Private taxis can be booked at your resort or via Andaman tour package operators.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Havelock Island. The most preferred mode of transport in Havelock Island is Walking.
Average distance: 2 km Average time: 15 min
Walking 100%Walking 15 min Overall average time for 2 kms 15 min