- Address: Heinrich-Heine-Allee, 40213 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany., 69117, Heidelberg
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +49-211172020
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Outdoors, Landmark, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods , Old Town, Specialty Museums, Landmarks, Community And Government, Education, Colleges And Universities
The Old Town is one amongst the 49 boroughs in Düsseldorf. Spread over an area of about a square kilometer, the town is often known as the “longest bar in the world”. It is because this little town boasts of more than 300 bars and pubs, all said to be lined up adjacent to each other.
Visitors looking for more than a good party need not be disheartened as the town also offers:
- Basilica of St. Lambertus. Houses the relics of St. Apollinaris, the patron saint of the city.
- Church of the Knights of the Cross
- The shipping museum– Schlossturm
- City Hall– Rathaus
- Art exhibitions and other cultural exhibits
- Clean beaches
- Carnival in the month of February.
- Don’t forget to try the famous old beer–Altbier that is brewed using a traditional recipe. Today brewed in very few places across the world.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and carry party shoes separately.
- Carry shades and sunscreen.
- U78 underground train. The old town is a short walk from the Düsseldorf main station.
- Brauerei Ausschank Pilsener Urquell
- Gut & Gerne Schokolade
- Shennong Tea Lounge
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Heidelberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Heidelberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Heidelberg include Altstadt in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.66% of people start their Altstadt visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Altstadt
73.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Altstadt