Carl Theodor Old BridgeCurrently Open
- Address: Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: River, Bridge, Walking Area, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Old Town
The old bridge of Heidelberg is officially known as the Carl Theodor Bridge after Prince Elector Carl Theodor. After a major flood destroyed the last wooden bridge in the city the Prince was prompted to build a more substantial stone bridge. The stone itself was taken from the Neckar valley. The bridge connects the old city to the banks of the river and of course gives one of the most stunning view of the city!
Major attractions here at the bridge:
- The bronze monkey with the mirror, west of the bridge gate. Symbolizes the fact that neither the city dwellers nor the ones living out of the city are better than the other.
- The sculpture dedicated to Prince Theodor
- The sculpture in honor of the Roman Goddess Minerva
- Rat figurines in metal
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- You’ll have to walk to here.
- Zum Spreisel
- Nectar Bar Dining
- Brauhaus Vetter
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Heidelberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Heidelberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.23% of people who visit Heidelberg include Carl Theodor Old Bridge in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.89% of people start their Carl Theodor Old Bridge visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Carl Theodor Old Bridge
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carl Theodor Old Bridge