Church Of The Holy Ghost, Heidelberg
Church Of The Holy Ghost, Heidelberg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Marktplatz, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Ticket Price: 1 EUR
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 643 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Church Of The Holy Ghost, Heidelberg
The church is so named after the descent of the Holy Ghost and the twelve Apostles. One of the most famous churches in Heidelberg, the Church of the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost is built on the site of an ancient Roman basilica, standing tall right in the middle of the market place. The sky-touching steeple dominates the entire city, rising above all other buildings. Even though the church foundation was laid in 1398, the tower was not completed until 1544.
Highlights at the church:
- Beautiful stained glass windows adorn the insides of the church.
- Exquisite Gothic architecture both in the church exterior as well as interiors. Some Baroque additions were made in the later years.
- The panoramic view as seen from top of the church tower is exhilarating.
Church Of The Holy Ghost Information
- More than 200 stairs to the church steeple.
- The church tower is safe for children to visit as it is surrounded by a strong railing.
- Tall people need to be careful as they might need to duck at a few places.
How To reach Church Of The Holy Ghost by Public Transport
- Ask a local for directions.
- Train S1, S2, S3, S5, S51 stop Heidelberg-Altstadt
Restaurants Near Church Of The Holy Ghost
- Vinothek Restaurant Oskar
- Hotel Restaurant Hackteufel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Heidelberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Heidelberg and book an accommodation of your choice.