Heidelberg witnesses many events and festivals round the year. So, no matter when you plan your trip, you’ll be involved in some of the cultural events and activities.
- February: The Ball der Vampire, the ball of vampires, an equivalent of Mardi Gras in the region is celebrated with pomp and grandeur.
- March: April: Heidelberger Frühling, the famous Spring Classical music festival is held in these months, followed by the international Easter egg market.
- May: Fruhlingsmesse on the Messeplatz is witnessed in the month and the castle is illuminated along with an event where the fireworks light up the nightsky.
- September: The Autumn festival is celebrated in the last Saturday of the month. A flea market, music performances, art and craft displays are involved as a part of the celebration.
- October–November: Theatre events and Jazz festival takes place during these months.
- November: International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg is held every year in November where the art film makers and other avant gardes come together and showcase their works.
- December: A Christmas market is held in December and the most important gift involves a chocolate called Heidelberger Studentenkuss.
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Heidelberg and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!