Events and Festivals in Heidelberg
Heidelberg witnesses many events and festivals round the year. So, no matter when you plan your trip, you’ll be involved in some of the cultural events and activities.
- February: The Ball der Vampire, the ball of vampires, an equivalent of Mardi Gras in the region is celebrated with pomp and grandeur.
- March: April: Heidelberger Frühling, the famous Spring Classical music festival is held in these months, followed by the international Easter egg market.
- May: Fruhlingsmesse on the Messeplatz is witnessed in the month and the castle is illuminated along with an event where the fireworks light up the nightsky.
- September: The Autumn festival is celebrated in the last Saturday of the month. A flea market, music performances, art and craft displays are involved as a part of the celebration.
- October–November: Theatre events and Jazz festival takes place during these months.
- November: International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg is held every year in November where the art film makers and other avant gardes come together and showcase their works.
- December: A Christmas market is held in December and the most important gift involves a chocolate called Heidelberger Studentenkuss.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Heidelberg
Save 3%Private Walking Tour of Old Town Heidelberg including Castle Visit1 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 MinsBook Now
SEA LIFE Speyer Admission TicketNew on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hr 30 MinsBook Now
Save 5%Your Heidelberg Experience: Hotel, Breakfast, Private Tour, Castle and moreNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 DaysBook Now
Save 5%On tour with a friend and his Mercedes S-Class - true first-class serviceNew on TripHobo
Duration: 12 HrsBook Now