How to Reach Heidelberg
- By Air: The closest international airport is at Frankfurt (50 min drive) and has flights operating from various continents. Stuttgart (1hr 22 min drive) is another airport that has services from several European destinations. You can also reach the town from these airports through an ICE train or a shuttle busshuttlebus.
- By Train: Heidelberg Hbf, the main station has direct trains from Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Mannheim and Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Hamburg and Cologne. In order to reach cities like Paris, Zurich, Amsterdam and other places in Germany. Take a regional train to the nearby Mannheim Hbf train station which is served by high speed trains.
- By Car: Heidelberg can be accessed via auto route A5 from Frankfurt and Karlsruhe.
- By Tram: The city has a small yet effective tram system that connects the Main station to the old town.
- By Bus: There are frequent local bus services that also help you get around the city.
- By Train: A mountain railway service connects the four main points, including the castle, the old town and the summit of Königstuhl Mountain.