Karzer Student PrisonCurrently Open
- Address: Augustinergasse 2, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +49-6221543554
- Tags: Museums
The former University prison used for punishing the errant students during the period of 1778 till 1914, the Karzer Student Prison now acts as a museum, the specialty of which lies in the numerous graffiti, writings, portraits and images in the cells. It was used as a detention centre without any harsh punishments; the students under detention could still attend the lectures. Exploring the museum, you will get a clear insight of the lives of the students during the period before World War I as the graffiti tells a lot about their mentality and the society back then. As you climb the stairs, you will be amazed to see the graffiti and painting on the ceilings, above the cell doors and everywhere possible! The scribbled poems, epithets and erratic portraits on the walls are quite commendable.
How to Reach Karzer Student Prison
- Buses 30, 31, 32, 33, M2, M5 to stop : Universitatsplatz
- Karzer Student Prison Address: Augustinergasse 2, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
- Karzer Student Prison Contact Number: +49-6221543554
- Karzer Student Prison Timing: 24-hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!