Museum Of The Palatinate, Heidelberg
Museum Of The Palatinate, Heidelberg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Hauptstrasse 97, 69117 Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 391 times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Museum Of The Palatinate, Heidelberg
This archaeological and art museum was founded in 1870 and houses the private collection of the art historian and artist Charles de Graimberg.
The museum is divided into various sections:
- Paintings: More than 7,000 water colors and drawings, from 15th to 20th century.
- Graphic arts: Around 13,000 printed graphics from middle ages to the modern times.
- Applied arts: A vast collection of coins, porcelain items, costumes dating back to the 17th century, textile collection from the 18th century.
- Sculptures: Baroque figurines, elaborate carved gravestones dating back to the medieval times.
- Archaeological artefacts: Result of the excavations in Heidelberg and nearby region. For eg. the replica of the jawbone of the ancient man residing in the area almost 600,000 years ago.
- History of Heidelberg: A brief historical story of the evolution of Heidelberg.
Museum Of The Palatinate Information
- Public parking is available at Kongresshaus / Stadthalle (P8) or other local garages.
Museum Of The Palatinate Ticket Prices
- Concession: €1.80 (students and senior citizens)
- Adults: €1.80
- Concession: €1.20 (students and senior citizen)
- Free admission with HeidelbergWelcomeCard.
How To reach Museum Of The Palatinate by Public Transport
- Kongresshaus/Stadthalle # 31, 32, 35
- Universitätsplatz # 31, 32
- Peterskirche # 33
Restaurants Near Museum Of The Palatinate
- Gelato Go
- Weisser Bock
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Heidelberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Heidelberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museum Of The Palatinate Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Heidelberg
Museum Of The Palatinate, Heidelberg Reviews - Write a Review
There is a lot to see here and a substantial amount of quality on display. The main down side is the total lack of routing, no logic...having to backtrack al the time and hope you are not missing a corridor or room. Yes, it is an old school museum, not using modern means of telling the stories, but that didn't bother me, as the amount of things BV to look at was exhausting. Definitely the type of museum to do section by section and not in one visit, unless if you are a tourist, like me.
The museum does not look so large, but trust me, there are many departments including one about archaeology which I liked. It is not permitted to photograph in the museum.
Lovely quiet garden, restaurant and nice museum Peace in the midst of a busy, noisy village. Nice museum and fun show about John Lennon plus other nice art. Good restaurant and service.
Fantastic John Lennon exhibition
Not good for ordinary tourists :)