Are you looking for what to do in Heidelberg?
PLACES TO SEE
- The old town: A charming baroque style town on the south bank of the river which is dominated by the castle’s ruins.
- Heidelberg Castle: A gothic–renaissance style castle built first by the Prince Elector Ruprecht III. It is one of the places of Heidelberg that you must include in your itinerary planner.
- The Altstadt and Hauptstrabe: The historical city centre and the main street at a stretch of one mile, known to be the longest shopping centres in Germany.
- Philosophenweg: A walk located in the northern part of the town providing with the wonderful views of the castle and the town.
- Heiliggeistkirche: One of the important churches of the city which once was a shelter to the Germany’s oldest library.
- Guided walking tour of the Old Town: Go around the old town with experienced travel guides informing you about the sightseeing places. Address: Marktplatz, Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany.
- Evening Walking tour: A walking tour of the town centre with a professional tour guide. Address: Marktplatz, Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany.
- CitySeg: A Segway ride around the city. Address: Bergheimer Strasse 91 | (im NH Hotel), 69115 Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany.
- Weisse Flotte: Cruise along the river Neckar on a pleasant day enjoying the scenic views of the town from the waters. Address: Neckarstaden 25, 69117 Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany (Formerly Rhein-Neckar-Fahrgastschifffahrt GmbH)
- Heidelberg City Bus Tour: Visit the castle and several other places to see, in the tour bus. Address: Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany.
Below we have a list of things to do in Heidelberg and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Heidelberg getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Heidelberg with confidence.