You might perhaps mistake yourself to be in some sort of a wonderland or a theme park as you start exploring the Georgian town of Helen! Of high rise houses, with sloping roofs and colourful walls against a back drop of verdant rugged hills and blue skies, that mesmerize you further come evening, with all the lights and glitz, Helen is a charm, to say the least. A popular tourist destination, the town was recreated to resemble a Bavarian alpine village. Georgia’s third most-visited destination, Helen works its wonders on every of its visitor. With a plethora of activities and things to do, Helen sees large numbers of visitors all year around. However, during the months of May to August when the weather is at its best, most of the festivals happen, that turn to be a big draw for tourists. Giving a glimpse of the Bavarian culture in the USA, Helen is a surprising delight in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Extending this to even accommodations and cuisine, everything you do here will please you. The perfect weekend getaway including lots of revitalising exploration on foot, Helen is drenched in natural beauty home to some great waterfalls, coves, wineries and much more!
Essential travel information and Helen tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time; UTC -5/-4
- Currency: USD
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 220V/ 50Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: English is the official language of Helen.
- Security: Dial 911 for police, ambulance or fire brigade.
- Tipping: Tipping is not customary but appreciated.