Helsinki Cathedral2754 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Unionsgatan 29, 00170 Helsingfors, Finland, Helsinki
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 358-923406120
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
The Lutheran Cathedral or the Helsinki Cathedral, which is known as the Tuomiokirkko in Finnish, is the perfect amalgamation of simplicity and elegance. The grand church with its somber white exteriors and neo-classical domes is certainly a very interesting to see.
Completed in 1852, the church stands tall in the center of the city of Helsinki. The altar and the various decorations in the interior of the church too aren’t extravagant but are nevertheless stunning. A visit to the church is a serene and wonderful experience.
There are a number of stone steps that lead up to the majestic cathedral where you can just sit and watch the sunset or feed the pigeons. This site is certainly a must visit for the culture-seeker and the spiritual traveler. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Helsinki itinerary 2 days.
Helsinki Cathedral Travel Tips
- As it is a church you are advised to be dressed appropriately for one.
- During the church services entry for tourists is closed for a brief period of time so you might have to wait.
Helsinki Cathedral Hours
- Open till 12:00am in summer.
How to Reach Helsinki Cathedral
- Senatinori (Senate Square)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Helsinki before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Helsinki and book an accommodation of your choice.
89.18% of people who visit Helsinki include Helsinki Cathedral in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.42% of people start their Helsinki Cathedral visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Helsinki Cathedral
84.02% of people prefer walking in order to reach Helsinki Cathedral