How to Reach Helsinki
HOW TO GET TO HELSINKI
- By Air: You can take a flight to the Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport which is located in Vantaa, 18 kilometers to the north of the central Helsinki and is your best option to reach the city.
- By Train: Take a train to the Rautatieasema (Central Railway Station)
- By Car: you can take the Expressways that connect Helsinki to Turku to the west, Tampere and Lahti to the north, and to Porvoo and towards Saint Petersburg in the east and reach the location.
- By Bus: Take a bus to the Central Bus Station from most major cities.
HOW TO GET AROUND HELSINKI
- Walking: If you're staying in Helsinki Centre, it's a pretty easy city to walk around and like most European capitals it’s pretty safe for tourists.
- Cycling: It's simple enough to rent a bike and if you're thinking of heading out of the city Centre, grab a map which is free from libraries to get the best out of the day.
- Public Transport: There's a coordinated Bus, Tram and Metro network in the city, and you can buy a ticket that covers access to all. It's quite expensive compared to some cities but much cheaper than a taxi.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Helsinki. The most preferred mode of transport in Helsinki is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 13.41 km Average time: 32.08 min
Bus/Trolleybus 24.66%Bus 25.61 min Walking 6.5 min Waiting 4.83 min Train 2.83 min Overall average time for 13.02 kms 39.78 min
Train/Metro 16.44%Train 23.25 min Walking 9.25 min Waiting 6.5 min Bus 3.25 min Tram 0.83 min Other 0.83 min Overall average time for 18.81 kms 43.92 min
Bike 13.7%Bike 31.8 min Walking 2.4 min Other 0.1 min Overall average time for 10.35 kms 34.3 min
Motorbike 1.37%Motorbike 18 min Overall average time for 8 kms 18 min
Car 21.92%Driving 23.44 min Walking 0.38 min Overall average time for 20.44 kms 23.81 min
Walking 16.44%Walking 14.42 min Train 5.5 min Waiting 1.83 min Bus 0.83 min Tram 0.08 min Overall average time for 6.17 kms 22.67 min
Tram/Streetcar 5.48%Tram 18.75 min Walking 5.5 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 4.75 kms 29.25 min
1. I am traveling with you on May 7 on the Meckienbert tour. I think Rega Princess will dock at "Cruise terminal P8 Ampassagierkai", Where will we meet your representative? I have received the confirmation but not the invoice.Answer Report Abuse