How to Reach Helsinki, Finland
The Easiest Way to Reach Helsinki
HOW TO GET TO HELSINKI
- By Air: You can take a flight to the Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport which is located in Vantaa, 18 kilometers to the north of the central Helsinki and is your best option to reach the city.
- By Train: Take a train to the Rautatieasema (Central Railway Station)
- By Car: you can take the Expressways that connect Helsinki to Turku to the west, Tampere and Lahti to the north, and to Porvoo and towards Saint Petersburg in the east and reach the location.
- By Bus: Take a bus to the Central Bus Station from most major cities.
HOW TO GET AROUND HELSINKI
- Walking: If you're staying in Helsinki Centre, it's a pretty easy city to walk around and like most European capitals it’s pretty safe for tourists.
- Cycling: It's simple enough to rent a bike and if you're thinking of heading out of the city Centre, grab a map which is free from libraries to get the best out of the day.
- Public Transport: There's a coordinated Bus, Tram and Metro network in the city, and you can buy a ticket that covers access to all. It's quite expensive compared to some cities but much cheaper than a taxi.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Helsinki and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Helsinki
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Helsinki. The most preferred mode of transport in Helsinki is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 12.73 km Average time: 36.34 min
Bus/Trolleybus 24.39%Bus 26 min Walking 7.1 min Waiting 4.6 min Train 1 min Overall average time for 14.03 kms 38.7 min
Car 19.51%Driving 23.75 min Walking 0.13 min Overall average time for 19.63 kms 23.88 min
Train/Metro 12.2%Train 23.8 min Waiting 5.4 min Walking 4.6 min Tram 2 min Bus 1.8 min Overall average time for 16.14 kms 37.6 min
Motorbike 2.44%Motorbike 18 min Overall average time for 8 kms 18 min
Walking 19.51%Walking 29.88 min Train 3.25 min Bike 2.5 min Driving 2.5 min Other 1.88 min Bus 1.25 min Waiting 1.13 min Tram 0.13 min Overall average time for 5.7 kms 42.5 min
Bike 17.07%Bike 38.29 min Walking 5.86 min Other 0.14 min Overall average time for 11.64 kms 44.29 min
Tram/Streetcar 4.88%Tram 17.5 min Walking 6.5 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 28 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Helsinki
- How to reach Kurkimäki
- How to reach Finby
- How to reach Tuusula
- How to reach Kerava
- How to reach Sipoo
- How to reach Sammatti
- How to reach Söderkulla
- How to reach Saukkola
- How to reach Halkia
- How to Reach Top Cities in Finland
- How to reach Rovaniemi
- How to reach Turku
- How to reach Tampere
- How to reach Tervakoski
- How to reach Nurmes
- How to reach Ylöjärvi
- How to reach Johanberg
- How to reach Koria
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Sumida
- How to reach Port Dover
- How to reach London Borough Of Ealing