How to Reach Helsinki - The Easiest Way to Reach Helsinki
HOW TO GET TO HELSINKI
- By Air: You can take a flight to the Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport which is located in Vantaa, 18 kilometers to the north of the central Helsinki and is your best option to reach the city.
- By Train: Take a train to the Rautatieasema (Central Railway Station)
- By Car: you can take the Expressways that connect Helsinki to Turku to the west, Tampere and Lahti to the north, and to Porvoo and towards Saint Petersburg in the east and reach the location.
- By Bus: Take a bus to the Central Bus Station from most major cities.
HOW TO GET AROUND HELSINKI
- Walking: If you're staying in Helsinki Centre, it's a pretty easy city to walk around and like most European capitals it’s pretty safe for tourists.
- Cycling: It's simple enough to rent a bike and if you're thinking of heading out of the city Centre, grab a map which is free from libraries to get the best out of the day.
- Public Transport: There's a coordinated Bus, Tram and Metro network in the city, and you can buy a ticket that covers access to all. It's quite expensive compared to some cities but much cheaper than a taxi.
Are you looking for a Helsinki travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Helsinki
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Helsinki. The most preferred mode of transport in Helsinki is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 12.55 km Average time: 36.18 min
Bus/Trolleybus 25%Bus 24.91 min Walking 7.18 min Waiting 4.64 min Train 0.91 min Overall average time for 13.12 kms 37.64 min
Walking 18.18%Walking 29.88 min Train 3.25 min Bike 2.5 min Driving 2.5 min Other 1.88 min Bus 1.25 min Waiting 1.13 min Tram 0.13 min Overall average time for 5.7 kms 42.5 min
Train/Metro 13.64%Train 24.83 min Walking 7.67 min Waiting 5.5 min Tram 1.67 min Other 1.67 min Bus 1.5 min Overall average time for 16.62 kms 42.83 min
Motorbike 2.27%Motorbike 18 min Overall average time for 8 kms 18 min
Car 20.45%Driving 21.67 min Walking 0.22 min Overall average time for 18.22 kms 21.89 min
Bike 15.91%Bike 38.29 min Walking 5.86 min Other 0.14 min Overall average time for 11.64 kms 44.29 min
Tram/Streetcar 4.55%Tram 17.5 min Walking 6.5 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 28 min
How to Reach Helsinki from Nearby Cities
|Espoo to Helsinki||18.38 km||17 mins|
|Tallinn to Helsinki||100.61 km||30 mins|
- How to reach Rovaniemi
- How to reach Turku
- How to reach Tampere
- How to reach Sammatti
- How to reach Tervakoski
- How to reach Saariselka