Parliament HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Mannerheimintie 30, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:15 pm Details
- Phone: 358-94322017
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Parliament House - Review
The Parliament House of Finland is a stunning neo-classical building in Helsinki. The simple brown stone building is quite an impressive feat of architecture. a marble staircase connects all 5 floors and interestingly each of the five floors is totally different from the other.
As a result even though you can just view the building from the outside taking a tour of this striking place is a very good idea. You will be able to see the interiors and observe the building in great detail.
Most importantly the tour will provide you with a lot of information about the past and present working of the government of Finland. This is a very interesting way of learning more about the inner-workings of a major parliament.
Parliament House Information
- The tours will need to be booked in advance.
- The place is wheelchair accessible.
- You will need a minimum of 6 participants to book a tour but it won’t be too difficult to find that number amongst other individual entrants.
- You can take photographs.
- A security check takes place before the tours.
- It will involve a lot of walking.
- If you go on a Tuesday or Friday you can also watch the parliament in session (if it is in session) from a viewing box.
How To reach Parliament House by Public Transport
- Rautatieasema/ Helsinki (Train/BUS)
Restaurants Near Parliament House
- OyBotta Ob
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Helsinki before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Helsinki and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Parliament House
40.39% of people who visit Helsinki include Parliament House in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
49.25% of people start their Parliament House visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Parliament House
68.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parliament House
Parliament House Trips
7 Views15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne from HyderabadBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne
Parliament House, Helsinki Reviews
We toured only the outside. It is a lovely building with some unique architectural elements. The stonework on the path in front is symmetrical and pretty. The columns of the building make for great backdrops for your pictures, as do the stairs in front. Take a stroll to admire all the little features.
Nou hissi not good
Very beautiful and secure.
Located next to one of the main avenues. Stunning building.
Might not be real, it's still a fun place to visit tho