Pihlajamaen Hiidenkirnut, Aarnipata Ja RauninmaljaCurrently Open
- Address: Rapakiventie 1, 00710 Helsinki, Finland Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Pihlajamäen Hiidenkirnut is a natural wonder located right in the urbanized Helsinki. These are the two giant holes created even before the last glacial period. It dates back to over 50,000 years and is considered to be the oldest of its kind in Finland. Known as Aarnipata and Rauninmalja, the depth of these holes is measured at 8.45 meters and 3.2 meters respectively. In recent years, viewing platforms have been created over here and are fenced safely so that visitors can explore this natural phenomenon without any danger.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Helsinki before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Helsinki and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Pihlajamaen Hiidenkirnut, Aarnipata Ja Rauninmalja Address: Rapakiventie 1, 00710 Helsinki, Finland
- Pihlajamaen Hiidenkirnut, Aarnipata Ja Rauninmalja Timing: 24-hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!