Hemet Ryan AirportCurrently Open
- Address: Hemet Ryan Airport 3700 W Stetson Ave Hemet, CA 92545, 92545, United States
- Phone: +1-9516520422
- Tags: Transportation, Transport Hubs, Airports
Hemet Ryan Airport (IATA: HMT, ICAO: KHMT) is a public airport located three miles (5 km) east of the central business district of Hemet, a city in Riverside County, California, United States. The airport is owned by the City of Hemet and operated by the Hemet-Ryan Airport Authority.
The airport covers an area of 545 acres (221 ha) at an elevation of 1,845 feet (562 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 17/35 is 5,000 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m) and 13/31 is 3,000 by 75 feet (914 x 23 m).
Hemet Ryan Airport was established in 1941 as a training base for the United States Army Air Corps. It was named after Major William Wallace Ryan, a World War I flying ace who was killed in a crash at the airport in 1942. The airport was used as a training base for the Army Air Corps until 1945. After the war, the airport was used for general aviation and air racing.
Today, Hemet Ryan Airport is used for general aviation, air racing, and skydiving. The airport is home to the Hemet Valley Flying Club, which offers flight instruction and aircraft rental. The airport also hosts the annual Hemet Valley Airshow, which features aerobatic performances, vintage aircraft, and other attractions.
Facilities, Amenities and Services:
Hemet Ryan Airport offers a variety of facilities and services to make your travel experience as convenient and comfortable as possible.
The airport has a full-service FBO (Fixed Base Operator) offering fuel, aircraft maintenance, and pilot supplies. The FBO also provides aircraft rental, flight instruction, and charter services.
The airport has a large, paved runway and taxiway, as well as a lighted control tower. There is also a large aircraft parking apron and a variety of tie-down areas.
The airport has a restaurant and lounge, as well as a conference room and meeting space. There is also a gift shop and a variety of other amenities.
The airport also offers a variety of ground transportation services, including car rental, shuttle services, and taxi services.
The airport is also home to a variety of aviation-related businesses, including aircraft maintenance and repair, flight schools, and charter services.
The airport also offers a variety of recreational activities, including a golf course, tennis courts, and a swimming pool.
The airport also offers a variety of events and activities throughout the year, including air shows, fly-ins, and other aviation-related events.
Things To Do:
Hemet Ryan Airport does not offer duty free shopping options. However, travelers can find duty free shopping options at other airports in the area, such as Ontario International Airport, John Wayne Airport, and Los Angeles International Airport.
Hemet Ryan Airport Travel Tips
1. Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight to allow plenty of time for check-in, security screening, and boarding.
2. Make sure to have your valid photo ID and boarding pass ready when you arrive at the airport.
3. Familiarize yourself with the airport layout and the location of your departure gate.
4. Pack light to avoid long waits at the baggage check-in counter.
5. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes to make your journey more pleasant.
1. Do not bring any prohibited items to the airport, such as weapons, explosives, or flammable materials.
2. Do not leave your luggage unattended at any time.
3. Do not accept packages from strangers.
4. Be aware of your surroundings and report any suspicious activity to airport security.
5. Follow all instructions given by airport personnel.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hemet Ryan Airport
The Hemet Ryan Airport does not offer entrance tickets. The airport is open to the public and does not require any tickets for entry.
Hemet Ryan Airport Hours
Hemet Ryan Airport is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, seven days a week.
How to Reach Hemet Ryan Airport
Public transport options to reach Hemet Ryan Airport include bus, taxi, and rideshare services. Bus routes are available from nearby cities, while taxis and rideshare services can be booked in advance.
Hemet Ryan Airport has a variety of restaurants, eateries, and cafes with great customer feedback. Options include a full-service restaurant, a deli, a coffee shop, and a snack bar. All offer delicious food and friendly service.