Knossos Archaeological Site30 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Knossos 71409, Greece, Heraklion
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-2810231940
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
Every archaeologist must ensure a visit to this place, as without it a Heraklion trip is incomplete. It is one of the most enigmatic sites in the world and not much is known about the people living here. The place was excavated by archaeologist Arthur Evans who gave it the structure we see today including the walls, floors and windows. A tip for those visiting for the first time: stay on the walkway until you get a good sense of the underneath section. Somewhat of a combination of palace and Minoan religious centre, the place bespeaks stories of times, as old as 12th century. Maybe even before that. The main attraction of the site is its palace which is commonly known as ‘Knossos Palace’. Its architecture although old, still reminds the glory of that time. Better take a guided tour to learn about the palace and its surrounding in depth. Located 5 kilo meters from the south of Iraklion, it is a must see destination in the city.
Entrance Ticket Details For Knossos Archaeological Site
- Adult- 6 euros
- Students with official ID and E.U. Senior Citizens (65 or over)- 3 euros.
- Free on Sundays from November to March and some Sundays in summer.
- Combination ticket for the Palace of Knossos and Archaeological Museum – 10 euros.
- Prices may vary. Contact the authorities before visits.
How to Reach Knossos Archaeological Site
- By car or taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Heraklion before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Heraklion and book an accommodation of your choice.