El Fortin32 Votes Currently Open
- Address: El Fortín, Calle Central, Heredia, Costa Rica
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
El Fortín is an ancient structure in Heredia built in 1876 by Fadrique Gutiérrez. This tower is a national monument and has come to be known as a symbol of Heredia. The structure is quite eccentric and catches your eye in no time. Tucked away in verdant greenery, it makes for a sight to behold. The building is however closed for public viewing due to its fragile conditions. You can, however, view the structure from outside.
How to Reach El Fortin
- Buses to stop - Parada Central Buses de Mercedes Norte
- Buses to stop - Parada de Autobus Liceo de Heredia
- Buses to stop - Parada Cruz Roja Heredia
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Heredia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Heredia and book an accommodation of your choice.