Hershey Gardens, Hershey
About Hershey Gardens, Hershey
Hershey Gardens, Hershey - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 170 Hotel Rd, Hershey, PA 17033, United States
Ticket Price: 11 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.9K times in trip plans
Garden, Park, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Spread over 23 acres of area, the Hershey Gardens is a botanical garden and arboretum complex located atop a hill overlooking the beautiful Hersheypark. It was a gift to the community by Milton Hershey in the honor of his wife Catherine. The huge garden complex houses 11 themed gardens, children’s garden and butterfly house to name a few.
- Butterfly house
- Rose gardens: Hershey Rose Garden, Italian Rose Garden, Mrs. Hershey's Rose Garden and Bill Bowman Garden
- Flowering gardens: Children's Garden, Perennial Garden, Seasonal Garden, Memorial Garden and arboretum.
- Other gardens: Coniferous Garden, Oak Grove, Herb Garden, Ornamental Grasses and Japanese garden.
Hershey Gardens Information
- Combined tickets for Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story's Museum Experience are available.
Hershey Gardens Ticket Prices
- Senior (age 62+): 9.50 USD
- Junior (ages 3-12): 7.50 USD
- Free for Children under 2 years.
Hershey Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- Butterfly house open from May to September.
- Check official website for detailed calender.
How To reach Hershey Gardens by Public Transport
- By Car
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hershey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hershey and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hershey Gardens, Hershey Reviews - Write a Review
Absolutely gorgeous. It would probably be worth it for the butterflies alone, since they have so many and they are very exotic (not just the ones that can be found locally)! After we visited the butterfly conservatory, the rose garden especially stunned us as well as the rows and rows of various flowers. Truly a mind-blowing collection of beautiful blooms!
Whoever said the kids play equipment was broken, it wasn't. This is one of my favorite places. Love the butterfly house, and the rose garden is spectacular. My favorite part is this little hidden bench in the Japanese garden, it is so peaceful there. They should have yoga classes. Just lovely.
Worth visiting when you go to Hershey. If you stay in one of the hotels, they'll give you tickets to go for free. They have plant life from all over the world and butterfly exhibit
The grounds are much bigger than they initially appear. Very well maintained and updated. It's worth a walk around on a nice day especially since it is complimentary when you stay at the hotel.
Pretty place to visit and click some pictures. We visited during the spring season and the tulips and other flowers were in full bloom spreading vibrant colors all around. There was a butterfly atrium too which allows visitors to walk around among varieties of butterflies. There was a room where live moths in different stages of growth are present along with other organisms like a tarantula and a scorpion etc. Shouldn't take long to cover the garden as it is not huge. Parking around the gardens is pretty good.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hershey Symphony Orchestra
- Hershey Area Playhouse
- Hershey Derry Township Historical Society
- Hershey Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Hershey
- What to See in 48 Hours in Hershey
- What to See in 72 Hours in Hershey
- How to Spend 5 Days in Hershey
- How to Spend 6 Days in Hershey
- How to Spend 7 Days in Hershey