An extremely secluded and unspoilt beach close to Hervey Bay, Dundowran Beach is ideal for a relaxing day trip. The beach is clean and usually almost deserted, but one can spot birds, kangaroos and sometimes even dolphins out at sea.
It stretches out for miles and is great for a leisurely walk or building sandcastles with kids. Head here for a day away from crowds and too much activity and just enjoy the sunshine and wind on a winter morning.
- Do check the tide chart before visiting, as it is most picturesque when the waves come in.
- There is a 1.5 km stretch for nude sunbathing.
- Bring a picnic basket or snacks and refreshments for a day trip as there are limited options nearby.
- It is a dog friendly beach.
- Bus Stop: Meadow Drive on Bus No 1A
- Arkarra Tea Gardens
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hervey Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hervey Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.16% of people who visit Hervey Bay include Dundowran Beach in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
95% of people start their Dundowran Beach visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Dundowran Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dundowran Beach