Dundowran BeachCurrently Open
- Address: Ansons Road, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Walking Area, Leisure, Family And Kids
An extremely secluded and unspoilt beach close to Hervey Bay, Dundowran Beach is ideal for a relaxing day trip. The beach is clean and usually almost deserted, but one can spot birds, kangaroos and sometimes even dolphins out at sea.
It stretches out for miles and is great for a leisurely walk or building sandcastles with kids. Head here for a day away from crowds and too much activity and just enjoy the sunshine and wind on a winter morning.
Dundowran Beach Travel Tips
- Do check the tide chart before visiting, as it is most picturesque when the waves come in.
- There is a 1.5 km stretch for nude sunbathing.
- Bring a picnic basket or snacks and refreshments for a day trip as there are limited options nearby.
- It is a dog friendly beach.
How to Reach Dundowran Beach
- Bus Stop: Meadow Drive on Bus No 1A
- Arkarra Tea Gardens
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hervey Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hervey Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Dundowran Beach Address: Ansons Road, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia
- Dundowran Beach Timing: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Dundowran Beach(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Dundowran Beach: 05:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
11.05% of people who visit Hervey Bay include Dundowran Beach in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
95% of people start their Dundowran Beach visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Dundowran Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dundowran Beach
People normally club together Scrub Hill Community Farm and The Boat Club while planning their visit to Dundowran Beach.