The Esplanade runs from Urangan Harbour at the eastern end of the city to Gatakers Bay in the west. It is a 14 km long stretch with beautiful views of the beach and the ocean. It is and ideal for walking, biking or rollerblading any time of the day.
The walkway provides easy access to several restaurants and shops as well as the beach. Pleasant for a relaxing stroll in the evenings or an early morning workout, the Esplanade is loved by locals and tourists alike. There are several other tourist attractions and parks along the way.
Esplanade Travel Tips
- The Esplanade can be accessed from several points in the city so join the walkway from a convenient point near you.
- Be mindful of bikers and roller-bladers when walking along.
- Bikers should be mindful of pedestrians.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that can be used on the beach as well if the need arises.
- There is also the option to extend the experience into a loop by continuing from The Esplanade to the Link Mobility Corridor.
How to Reach Esplanade
- Bus Stop: Boat Harbour Drive/Charlton Esplanade on Bus 16
- The Pavilion by the Pier
- Santini Pizza e Cucina
- Coast Restaurant & Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hervey Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hervey Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.34% of people who visit Hervey Bay include Esplanade in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
44.33% of people start their Esplanade visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Esplanade
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Esplanade