Urangan PierCurrently Open
- Address: Great Sandy Strait QLD 4655, Australia, Hervey Bay Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-741946280
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Pier, Leisure, Family And Kids
The famous and historic Urangan Pier is a must see attraction in Hervey Bay. It is one of the longest piers in Australia and stretches for almost a kilometre out to sea. The Urangan Pier is a Hervey Bay icon, which was almost demolished in 1985, however due to public outcry 868 meters of it remain and were handed over to the Hervey Bay City Council.
The most popular activity at the pier is fishing but one can also just take a leisurely stroll for the views and tuck in at a nearby fish and chips restaurant. The water next to the pier is one of the Bay's best locations for windsurfing or kite surfing with surfing conditions suitable for beginners to experts.
Urangan Pier Travel Tips
- There are BBQ and picnic facilities in the Pier Park.
- Toilet facilities are available on site.
- The area has disabled access.
How to Reach Urangan Pier
- Bus Stop: Urangan Pier on Bus Number 5
- The Pavilion by the Pier
- Salt Cafe
- Hervey Bay Pier Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hervey Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hervey Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Urangan Pier Address: Great Sandy Strait QLD 4655, Australia, Hervey Bay
- Urangan Pier Contact Number: +61-741946280
- Urangan Pier Timing: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Best time to visit Urangan Pier(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Urangan Pier: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
74.13% of people who visit Hervey Bay include Urangan Pier in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
24.19% of people start their Urangan Pier visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Urangan Pier
71.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Urangan Pier
People normally club together Reefworld Aquarium And Shark Swim and The Boat Club while planning their visit to Urangan Pier.