Urangan Pier, Hervey Bay
About Urangan Pier, Hervey Bay
Urangan Pier, Hervey Bay - Address, Phone Number
Address: Great Sandy Strait QLD 4655, Australia
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 4.3K times in trip plans
Walking Area, Pier, Leisure, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The famous and historic Urangan Pier is a must see attraction in Hervey Bay. It is one of the longest piers in Australia and stretches for almost a kilometre out to sea. The Urangan Pier is a Hervey Bay icon, which was almost demolished in 1985, however due to public outcry 868 meters of it remain and were handed over to the Hervey Bay City Council.
The most popular activity at the pier is fishing but one can also just take a leisurely stroll for the views and tuck in at a nearby fish and chips restaurant. The water next to the pier is one of the Bay's best locations for windsurfing or kite surfing with surfing conditions suitable for beginners to experts.
Urangan Pier Information
- There are BBQ and picnic facilities in the Pier Park.
- Toilet facilities are available on site.
- The area has disabled access.
How To reach Urangan Pier by Public Transport
- Bus Stop: Urangan Pier on Bus Number 5
Restaurants Near Urangan Pier
- The Pavilion by the Pier
- Salt Cafe
- Hervey Bay Pier Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hervey Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hervey Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
Urangan Pier, Hervey Bay Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Supercheap Auto Hervey Bay
- Aquavue Jetski Tours
- Big Screen Cinema
- Mantra Hervey Bay
- Fraser Island Tours
- Hervey Bay Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Hervey Bay
- What to See in 48 Hours in Hervey Bay
- What to See in 72 Hours in Hervey Bay
- How to Spend 5 Days in Hervey Bay
- How to Spend 6 Days in Hervey Bay
- How to Spend 7 Days in Hervey Bay