Urangan PierCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Great Sandy Strait QLD 4655, Australia, Hervey Bay
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-741946280
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Pier, Leisure, Family And Kids
About Urangan Pier, Hervey Bay
The famous and historic Urangan Pier is a must see attraction in Hervey Bay. It is one of the longest piers in Australia and stretches for almost a kilometre out to sea. The Urangan Pier is a Hervey Bay icon, which was almost demolished in 1985, however due to public outcry 868 meters of it remain and were handed over to the Hervey Bay City Council.
The most popular activity at the pier is fishing but one can also just take a leisurely stroll for the views and tuck in at a nearby fish and chips restaurant. The water next to the pier is one of the Bay's best locations for windsurfing or kite surfing with surfing conditions suitable for beginners to experts.
Urangan Pier Information
- There are BBQ and picnic facilities in the Pier Park.
- Toilet facilities are available on site.
- The area has disabled access.
How To reach Urangan Pier by Public Transport
- Bus Stop: Urangan Pier on Bus Number 5
Restaurants Near Urangan Pier
- The Pavilion by the Pier
- Salt Cafe
- Hervey Bay Pier Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hervey Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hervey Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Urangan Pier
95% of people who visit Hervey Bay include Urangan Pier in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
30.5% of people start their Urangan Pier visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Urangan Pier
89.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Urangan Pier
Urangan Pier Map
Urangan Pier Trips
Urangan Pier, Hervey Bay Reviews
All QuestionsUrangan pier
- Delgado Gallery
- Notion Fine Art
- Floating Cloud Gallery
- Southern California Artist Assoc
- Christian Science Reading Room
- Pure Color Mike Kelly Photography
- Mandarin Fine Art Gallery
- Centennial Park Maintenance
- El Moro Campground
- Black Shaw Fine Art
- Durham School Services
- Green Cube
- Wendt Gallery
- Elena Fine Art Gallery