Amelia Earhart Park16 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 401 E 65th St, Hialeah, FL 33013, USA, United States
- Timings: 07:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3056858389
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Zoo, Biking Trail, Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot
Amelia Earhart Park is one of the largest parks spread across an area of 515 acres in Hialeah. Nestled in the Miami Dade County, this family-friendly park is full of activities and facilities suitable for people of all age groups. The magnificent park which houses 5 lakes is divided into different sections and complexes based on the amenities. The tranquil surroundings, the ample amount of greenery, and the exciting recreational prospects make this park the perfect place to spend the day with your kids. In addition to participating in the sports and activities, visitors also prefer picnicking and relaxing at the Amelia Earhart Park.
Amelia Earhart Park bestows upon visitors a wide array of amenities to choose from. All these facilities are well-maintained and regularly cleaned by the staff members. Following are the amenities accessible to the visitors at the park-
- Amelia earhart park bike Trails - 8 miles of bike trails, including single track and fire road trails, are available at this park and are suitable for beginner, intermediate-level, and expert bikers. Even if you don’t have your own bike, you can rent one from the Mountain Bike Rentals shop located in this park.
- Disc Golf – An 18-hole frisbee golf course awaits golfing enthusiasts for a splendid time.
- Fishing Pier – Accessible all round the year, the fishing pier in this park is ideal to indulge in a round of fishing with your companions.
- Paved Walkways – Perfect for a leisurely stroll as well as for a quick jog, the paved walkways at this park take you through the lush green foliage for an amusing time.
- Lakes – There are 5 lakes in the Amelia Earhart Park which are ideal for fishing and paddle boarding.
- Picnic Shelter/Pavilion – A shaded picnic area with picnic benches and barbecue facilities is available in the park. The pavilion is big enough to accommodate large groups.
- Playground – Recently remodelled into Tom Sawyer's Island, the playground at the Amelia Earhart Park now features exciting amenities like a fort-style tree house with climbers, swings, slides, spinners, balance beams, and musical instruments which are sure to keep the kids occupied.
- Soccer field – The soccer field at the Amelia Earhart Park is well-lit and is used as a venue for practice by many soccer leagues.
- Volleyball court – The sand volleyball court beckons visitors for a fun-filled picnic game of volleyball only during the day since the court is not equipped with lights.
- Wi-Fi – There is free Wi-Fi throughout the park.
- Bark Park – Meant specifically for the pets and the owners, the Bark Park is a 5-acre fenced park with lots of green space, plenty of walking trails and dog water fountains. This park also consists of a special area for the smaller breeds.
- Dog-Friendly Park – You can take your furry friends for a walk into the dog-friendly park. However, keep in mind that only leashed dogs are allowed here.
- The Bill Graham Farm Village - The Bill Graham Farm Village is a replica of an actual farm which is meant to educate kids about this region’s farming history. It houses a special demonstration barn where you can witness processes like horse shoeing, cow milking, and sheep shearing. There is also a special petting area in this park where you can pet the domestic and farm animals. A sugarcane press, and a pony ring where you can avail pony rides for a nominal charge are also a part of this farm replica.
Thanks to the large number of amenities available at the Amelia Earhart Park, visitors can indulge in a plethora or relaxing and recreational activities upon their visit. Popular amelia earhart park activities include-
- Biking – The 8 miles of mountain biking trails are full of climbs, downhill portions, and banked corners. So, a lot of biking enthusiasts flock to this park for an adrenaline-pumping ride.
- Paddle boarding – Paddle boarding or paddle boating can be enjoyed in the lakes housed inside this park. The equipment which is rented to the visitors is regularly serviced and hence, in a good condition.
- Soccer – The lit soccer fields are perfect to indulge in a thrilling game of football.
- Volleyball – The sand volleyball court located in the park is often used by families or groups looking to indulge in a casual volleyball match.
- Amelia earhart park Wakeboarding - The 90-acre fresh water lake in the Amelia Earhart Park is equipped with two full-size cables and one two tower cable. A part of the Miami Watersports Complex, this lake is perfect to participate in wakeboarding, wake-surfing, water skiing, and knee-boarding. People of all age groups and of all levels of expertise can have a good time here. There are plenty of skilled and trained coaches available to guide you.
Entrance Ticket Details For Amelia Earhart Park
- Amelia earhart park entry fee: Free
Amelia earhart park parking price -
- Weekday: FreeWeekend and Holidays: USD 7
Amelia Earhart Park Hours
- Amelia earhart park hours: 7 am - 6 pm
How to Reach Amelia Earhart Park
- Bus 135 to stop - E 65 St@E 5 Av
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hialeah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hialeah and book an accommodation of your choice.
Amelia Earhart Park Reviews & Ratings
How much is the shelter rental?Answer Report Abuse
The official website of Amelia Earhart Park does not mention the exact rental details, but they offer online reservations where you can select the shelter you want to book and check the price. Or, you can also contact the park administration on 305-685-8389 for the exact information.Report Abuse
how many tables does shelter 7 has, and if this is the shelter that has no electricity but does have a kitchen right?Answer Report Abuse
I am not sure if such specific information about the shelters at Amelia Earhart Park is available. It would be best to inquire further by calling the park office on 305-685-8389.Report Abuse