Hikkaduwa Coral GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: Near Hikkaduwa Police station, Galle road, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Outdoors, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Nature, Snorkeling
Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens - Review
Hikkaduwa coral garden situated at a distance of 98 km south of Colombo. Hikkaduwa is famous for its beautiful hikkaduwa coral sanctuary as well as international destination for board surfing. One of the best place for snorkeling and diving in Hikkaduwa. The under-water world of exotic Hikkaduwa coral reefs mesmerizes the onlookers. Hikkaduwa coral watching one can take a half- hour glass bottom boat ride to discover the beauty or snorkeling is another option to explore the water world. Some of the typical corals found here are the Elkhorn coral, Staghorn coral and the Brain coral. Since the corals are pretty near from the shore line, some people also dare invade the gardens by swimming upto them and snorkel! Enjoy swimming with a 5 ft green turtle. The close by beach is also considered a wonderful place for surfing. But the jewel of the Coral garden Hikkaduwa has to be the exploration and viewing of all these breath-taking corals underwater. Locals as well as tourists enjoy this natural phenomenon. In local language, these corals are called ‘Gampara’. There are some Hikkaduwa koral para activities like
- Feeding the giant turtles
- Scuba diving
Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens Information
- If snorkelling, early morning to noon. The best time for snorkelling is 9 am and 11 am
- The best time to visit hikkaduwa coral garden is from December to April
- Take a glass bottom boat to sail across the sea and watch coral reefs and turtles.
- You can also snorkel during mid day.
Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens Ticket Prices
Hikkaduwa glass bottom boat ride price: INR 347
Hikkaduwa snorkeling price: INR 128
Hikkaduwa beach coral tickets -
- Foreigners Adults: INR 30
- Foreigners children: INR 15
- Locals Adults: INR 5
- Local Children: INR 2
Hikkaduwa coral gardens boat trip prices :
- For Foreign: INR 1,750
- For Sri Lankan: INR 750
- For Student: INR 650
Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens Hours
Hikkaduwa coral garden timing
- Everyday: 7 am to 5 pm
- Boat ride and scuba timings vary.
How To reach Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens by Public Transport
- Tuk Tuks or auto rickshaws
Restaurants Near Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens
- Mama’s coral beach hotel is supposedly one of the best restaurants in Hikkaduwa!
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hikkaduwa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hikkaduwa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens
95% of people who visit Hikkaduwa include Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
30.5% of people start their Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens
72.69% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens
Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens Trips
2 Views7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Colombo, Bentota, Unawatuna from New DelhiBy: Guest UserCity: Colombo, Bentota, Unawatuna
5 Views7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Colombo, Bentota, Unawatuna from New DelhiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Colombo, Bentota, Unawatuna