How to Reach Hikkaduwa
- By Flight: The Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, Hambantota, is the closest to Hikkaduwa. From there, you can either travel by public transport or book your seat on a domestic flight. If you choose the latter option, the nearest domestic airport is at Galle, which is around 20 kms from Hikkaduwa.
- By Train: Trains, although supposedly crowded and slow, connect Hikkaduwa with major cities such as Colombo, Galle and Kandy.
- By Bus: Buses at frequent intervals, travel to and from Hikkaduwa, Colombo and Galle.
- Many people who visit Hikkaduwa prefer to book an auto rickshaw or tuk tuk for the duration of their stay. The drivers of these three wheelers charge a daily nominal fee. And they also take you to unexploited, un-touristy Hikkaduwa attractions! Bargain and fix the daily fare of the auto rickshaw in advance.
- You can also hire bicycles and enjoy the country side at your own pace.
- The best option is to explore the town on foot. You can completely absorb all that the city has to offer to you.
staying in Hikkaduwa in Jan 2019would like to know how much would a taxi to Udawalawe national park be each wayAnswer Report Abuse
The Udawalawe National Park lies at a distance of 159 kilometers from Hikkaduwa. The taxi fare is subjective to varying factors. It is best that you inquire locally.Report Abuse