How to Reach Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
The Easiest Way to Reach Hikkaduwa
- By Flight: The Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, Hambantota, is the closest to Hikkaduwa. From there, you can either travel by public transport or book your seat on a domestic flight. If you choose the latter option, the nearest domestic airport is at Galle, which is around 20 kms from Hikkaduwa.
- By Train: Trains, although supposedly crowded and slow, connect Hikkaduwa with major cities such as Colombo, Galle and Kandy.
- By Bus: Buses at frequent intervals, travel to and from Hikkaduwa, Colombo and Galle.
- Many people who visit Hikkaduwa prefer to book an auto rickshaw or tuk tuk for the duration of their stay. The drivers of these three wheelers charge a daily nominal fee. And they also take you to unexploited, un-touristy Hikkaduwa attractions! Bargain and fix the daily fare of the auto rickshaw in advance.
- You can also hire bicycles and enjoy the country side at your own pace.
- The best option is to explore the town on foot. You can completely absorb all that the city has to offer to you.
Are you looking for a Hikkaduwa travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Hikkaduwa from Nearby Cities
|Horana to Hikkaduwa||11.81 km||11 mins|
|Malabe to Hikkaduwa||20.64 km||20 mins|
|Nugegoda to Hikkaduwa||26.34 km||26 mins|
|Dehiwala-mount Lavinia to Hikkaduwa||27.82 km||27 mins|
|Bentota to Hikkaduwa||35.77 km||1 hour 3 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Hikkaduwa
- How to reach Galle
- How to reach Habaraduwa
- How to reach Bentota
- How to reach Colombo
- How to reach Nuwara Eliya
- How to reach Negombo
- How to reach Ella
- How to reach Kandy
- How to reach Badulla