Seenigama ViharaCurrently Closed
- Address: Off Gale road, 10 minutes walking distance from Turtle Farms, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Seenigama Vihara - Review
To the north of Hikkaduwa is an interesting sight to behold. The Seenigama Vihara is a temple built on its own island. Local legend goes that a victim of theft can pray at the temple so that the thief is cursed with hardship!
Seenigama Vihara Information
- Best time to visit is in the morning. Do not carry meat or liquor with you to the temple.
- No eateries present on the temple island. All eateries are on the mainland.
How To reach Seenigama Vihara by Public Transport
- Boat ride from Galle road beach.
Restaurants Near Seenigama Vihara
- Dasu’s hut
- Curry Bowl restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hikkaduwa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hikkaduwa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Seenigama Vihara
95% of people who visit Hikkaduwa include Seenigama Vihara in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
25.08% of people start their Seenigama Vihara visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Seenigama Vihara
59.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Seenigama Vihara