Things to do in Hikkaduwa
The Best Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
There are a number of exciting things to do in Hikkaduwa. Discover new places to see and unique things to do nearby Hikkaduwa. Don't miss out on these amazing sights at Hikkaduwa. Check out the list of attractions and activities to do in Hikkaduwa and nearby areas. List of some of the places to visit in Hikkaduwa are
- Hikkaduwa Beach: This beach is half the reason why people prefer to come to Hikkaduwa. It is a lovely place to be at and there is a lot to explore here.
- Tsunami Museum: They have preserved a lot of things post Tsunami in the town of Hikkaduwa. It was a very sad event in the history of Hikkaduwa and is more like a remembrance to all those who were lost in this tragedy.
- Turtle Museum: It is a lovely place to see especially for animal lovers, lot of things related to turtles here.
- Hikkaduwa Coral Gardens: Another great attraction of Hikkaduwa, they house roughly 70 different species of corals and is a completely treat to your eyes.
- The Natural Moonstone Mine: 10 kilometers away from Hikkaduwa, this place makes some lovely stones used in jewelry all over the world.
- Seenigama Vihara: The Seenigama Vihara is a temple nestled on its own island. A very interesting Local legend says that a victim of theft can pray at the temple and the thief is then believed to be cursed with hardship.
Experiences not to miss
- Take a spa: There are some lovely Ayurveda centers which is a part of the Sinhalese culture, try taking a spa here.
- Go for paddling, surf boarding, paddling and other fun activities.
Explore the travel planning tool for your visit to Hikkaduwa and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
#1 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
Beautiful but crowded, the Hikkaduwa beach attracts lots of visitors mainly because of its coral reef. Activities on the beach include snorkelling, scuba diving, glass boat rides and exploring the cor...Read more
#2 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: Peraliya, Telwatta, AH43, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
Another place that is a must see in Hikkaduwa is the Turtle Farm. It is a small scale research centre that is working towards protecting endangered species of turtles. You may even get a chance to hol...Read more
#3 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: Kahawa- Batapola road, Meetiyagoda, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
Situated at Mitiyagoda, around 10 kms from Hikkaduwa is the Moonstone Mine. Ever wondered from where you got that light blue stone in your jewellery? Head out to this mine to find out!
#4 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: Off Gale road, 10 minutes walking distance from Turtle Farms, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
To the north of Hikkaduwa is an interesting sight to behold. The Seenigama Vihara is a temple built on its own island. Local legend goes that a victim of theft can pray at the temple so that the thief...Read more
#5 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: Temple road, Telwatta, Galle road, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
The destruction that the 2004 Tsunami left in its wake can be imagined by visiting the Tsunami museum. This private museum is halfway between Hikkaduwa and Ambalangoda in Srilanka and tells the story ...Read more
#6 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: 319-A, Galle Road, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
After finishing off your Hikkaduwa exploration, head over to the Sandagiri Ayurveda Centre for a relaxing, soothing and revitalizing massage. Services offered include facials, head massage, full body ...Read more
#7 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: Near Hikkaduwa Police station, Galle road, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
The Coral Gardens in Hikkaduwa are the main tourist attractions. You are taken here by glass bottom boats and you will definitely be mesmerized by the dense coral reefs. Since the corals are pretty ne...Read more
#8 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: Thiranagama, Galle road, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
Go for a trip to Sri Lanka's underwater world. Rent Snorkelling gear from shacks around the ticket office for around $5 a day. Glass-bottomed boat rides are available for $14 for half an hour....Read more
#9 of 11 Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Address: No. 285A, Galle Road, 80250, Hikkaduwa
A 5 storied building dedicated to paintings done by local artists. A must visit while on your Hikkaduwa trip. The owner/ artist of the gallery is very friendly and, on non busy days, he is friendly an...Read more
11 Tourist Attractions in Hikkaduwa
Must see places in Hikkaduwa ranked on popularity. Here is the complete list of best attractions in Hikkaduwa and point of interests to visit.
Tourist Attractions Near Hikkaduwa
- Ambalangoda Added 23623 times in Trip Plans
- Galle International Cricket Stadium Added 1342 times in Trip Plans
- Galle Dutch Fort Added 17451 times in Trip Plans
- Dutch Reformed Church Added 10639 times in Trip Plans
- Maritime Archeology Museum Added 6851 times in Trip Plans
- Jungle Beach Added 14174 times in Trip Plans
- Japanese Peace Pagoda Added 10461 times in Trip Plans
- Rumassala Sanctuaries Jungle Added 114 times in Trip Plans
- Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project Added 18148 times in Trip Plans
Find Your Hikkaduwa Attractions on Map
Types of Things To Do in Hikkaduwa
Find more attractions and places to visit in Hikkaduwa under these things to do categories.
Top Hikkaduwa Activities And Tours
Explore the best things to do in Hikkaduwa. These are the most preferred tourist activities.
New on TripHobo Duration: Flexible
End your Sri Lanka vacation with ease by booking this private departure transfer from your hotel in Hikkaduwa City ...
USD 17.25Book Now
What To Do in Hikkaduwa: Day-Wise Ideas
Find what not to miss in Hikkaduwa! Recommended Hikkaduwa itineraries and vacation ideas created by travelers across the world.
- Things To Do in Nearby Cities
- Things to do in Hirana
- Things to do in Bokundara
- Things to do in Walpola
- Things to do in Nawala
- Things to do in Narahenpita
- Things to do in Weboda East Road
- Things to do in Minuwangoda
- Things to do in Battaramulla North
- Things to do in Sammanthurai
- Things to do in Monaragala
- Things to do in Kotikawatta
- Things to do in Mawaramandiya
- More Places on TripHobo to visit
- Things to do in Buxton
- Things to do in Bellaire
- Things to do in Belington
- Things to do in Etna Green
- Things to do in Ladonia
- Things to do in Mooar
- Things to do in Marshall
- Things to do in Utuado
- Things to do in Veghel
- Things to do in Ochopee