Coconut Island453 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hilo, HI 96720, USA, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids, Nature
Located in Hilo Bay, this small island can be accessed only via a pedestrian footbridge from Liliuokalani Gardens. Its Hawaiian name Moku Ola means “Island of Life”, since the waters of the island was known to have healing powers. It was believed that the waters could cure any sick person if he swam around one of the rocks at the eastern inlet of the island. There is a 15-foot stone tower, which is a remnant of the past, which is popular spot amongst the locals to jump into the ocean from.
Entrance Ticket Details For Coconut Island
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Coconut Island
- Rent a car.
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hilo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hilo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Coconut Island Address: Hilo, HI 96720, USA, United States
- Coconut Island Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Coconut Island(preferred time): 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Coconut Island: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
58.91% of people who visit Hilo include Coconut Island in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
27.47% of people start their Coconut Island visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Coconut Island
93.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Coconut Island
People normally club together Keaukaha Beach Park and Mauna Loa Observatory while planning their visit to Coconut Island.
Coconut Island Reviews & Ratings
what are some factsAnswer Report Abuse