Mauna Loa Observatory
- Address: 1437 Kilauea Ave #102, Hilo, HI 96720, United States
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Family And Kids
A part of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Earth System Research Laboratory and Global Monitoring Division, the Mauna Loa Observatory is a leading facility that has been continuously monitoring and collecting data related to atmospheric changes ever since the 1950s. The observatory's remote location in the Pacific Ocean, air that is undisturbed and pollution-free and minimal influence of plant of human life, makes it apt for sampling Earth's background air in the cleaner free troposphere. For those who are enthusiastic about the various changes taking place in our atmosphere, this observatory is a must-visit.
Mauna Loa Observatory Travel Tips
- Tours of the Mauna Loa Observatory are performed by appointment only.
- To schedule a tour, contact the authorities.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mauna Loa Observatory
- To find out about the ticket prices, contact the authorities.
Mauna Loa Observatory Hours
- Tours are only available on specified Thursdays at 12:30 pm and should be requested at least 2 weeks in advance.
How to Reach Mauna Loa Observatory
- Rent a car.
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hilo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hilo and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.25% of people who visit Hilo include Mauna Loa Observatory in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.48% of people start their Mauna Loa Observatory visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mauna Loa Observatory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mauna Loa Observatory