Subaru Telescope120 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 650 N Aohoku Pl, Hilo, HI 96720, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8089347788
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Observatory, Family And Kids
Lying atop Mauna Kea, at a height of 4200 metres, is an 8.2 metres flagship telescope of the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan called the Subaru Telescope. This telescope provides astronomers from Japan, as well as, all around the world an opportunity to explore the cosmos in order to gain a deeper insight into understanding everything around us more accurately. There are tours held by the authorities for visitors, so that they can view the gigantic telescope from a balcony that is 40 feet high. This is an excellent opportunity for enthusiasts who wish to know more about the work of astronomers.
Subaru Telescope Travel Tips
- The tour program is open to everybody except for those with the following conditions: younger than 16 years old, pregnant, with respiratory, cardiac or circulatory conditions, or have been diving within 24 hours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Subaru Telescope
- Kindly contact authorities to find out about ticket prices.
Subaru Telescope Hours
- Tours are offered up to 15 days a month and begin at 10:30 am, 11:30 am, and 1:30 pm, usually on either Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- The tour will last approximately 40 minutes.
- Due to the major work at the telescope in summer and autumn, the public tour schedule is intermittent between June to mid-September, and closed from mid-September to mid-November. Due to the bad weather during the winter time, the tour will be closed from December until next March.
How to Reach Subaru Telescope
- Rent a 4WD.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hilo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hilo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Subaru Telescope Address: 650 N Aohoku Pl, Hilo, HI 96720, United States
- Subaru Telescope Contact Number: +1-8089347788
- Subaru Telescope Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Subaru Telescope: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
15.6% of people who visit Hilo include Subaru Telescope in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
59.26% of people start their Subaru Telescope visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Subaru Telescope
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Subaru Telescope
People normally club together Mauna Loa Observatory and Naha Stone while planning their visit to Subaru Telescope.