Junisho Shrine7 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 120 Shinobumachi, Himeji, Hyogo Prefecture 670-0911, Japan Map
- Phone: +81-792224586
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
The shrine was specifically established in what deemed to be the unlucky direction from the Himeji Castle, given that it is a shrine of Okiku- a heroine of a ghost story. There is a tragic story behind it that the heroine Okiku was falsely accused and then executed by being thrown into the well. You can still see that well in the Himeji Castle. Located in the Shinobumachi area, it is a part of Junisho which means 1 temples dedicated to 12 different lords. People come here to pacify Okiku by giving her offerings. Alongside that, its natural setting is another things to check out once you are here. Walk around, pray and just think about the history of the place.
Junisho Shrine Travel Tips
- No entry fee but a small and certain amount is expected to be given as a donation in the Shrine asper customs.
- Dress Modestly.
Entrance Ticket Details For Junisho Shrine
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Junisho Shrine
- By Bus: Shinki Bus Himeji Bus Terminal Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Himeji before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Himeji and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Junisho Shrine Address: 120 Shinobumachi, Himeji, Hyogo Prefecture 670-0911, Japan
- Junisho Shrine Contact Number: +81-792224586
- Time required to visit Junisho Shrine: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.94% of people who visit Himeji include Junisho Shrine in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
80% of people start their Junisho Shrine visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Junisho Shrine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Junisho Shrine
People normally club together Osakabe Shrine and Himeji City Zoo while planning their visit to Junisho Shrine.