Keiunji25 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 10-1 Nozatokeiunjimaechō, Himeji-shi, Hyōgo-ken 670-0813, Japan Map
- Phone: +81-792223918
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The temple is an old reminisce of a tragic love story, that is still frequented by a lot of visitors. People come here to see the memorial of two lovers- Onatsu and Seijuro - the main protagonists of a tragedy written by Saikaku Ihara and Monzaemon Chikamatsu. The story ends on a sand not with the hero being executed after running away from the home with the heroine, while the female goes insane of the loss of deep love. Something akin to Romeo and Juliet, the place is popular among youngsters and can be visited for prayers. Those who come here, also wish or their togetherness in after life. Nice to stroll around and listen more about it from the natives.
Entrance Ticket Details For Keiunji
- Entry is Free.
How to Reach Keiunji
- Bus Station : Himejijoote Monzen [ Tohomen Bus Stop]
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Himeji before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Himeji and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Keiunji Address: 10-1 Nozatokeiunjimaechō, Himeji-shi, Hyōgo-ken 670-0813, Japan
- Keiunji Contact Number: +81-792223918
- Time required to visit Keiunji: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.36% of people who visit Himeji include Keiunji in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50% of people start their Keiunji visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Keiunji
94.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Keiunji
People normally club together Himeji Castle and Itatehyozu Shrine while planning their visit to Keiunji.