Ground Zero, HiroshimaCurrently Open
- Address: 1-5-25 Otemachi Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0051, Japan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Memorial, War Memorial, Family And Kids
About Ground Zero, Hiroshima
The epicentre of the atomic bombing, the place where the bomb actually landed in Hiroshima is marked by a stone plaque. This marked site is the ‘ground zero’ of the bombing. It is situated a side street behind the A-bomb dome. A humble site, it will make you question the necessity of war.
Ground Zero Information
- The stone plaque is easy to miss as it is surrounded by commercial buildings.
How To reach Ground Zero by Public Transport
- Genbaku Domu-mae tram stop.
- Heiwa-kinen-koen tram stop.
Restaurants Near Ground Zero
- Peace Park Cafe Shop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hiroshima before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hiroshima and book an accommodation of your choice.