Ground ZeroCurrently Open
- Address: 1-5-25 Otemachi Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0051, Japan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Memorial, War Memorial, Family And Kids
The epicentre of the atomic bombing, the place where the bomb actually landed in Hiroshima is marked by a stone plaque. This marked site is the ‘ground zero’ of the bombing. It is situated a side street behind the A-bomb dome. A humble site, it will make you question the necessity of war.
Ground Zero Travel Tips
- The stone plaque is easy to miss as it is surrounded by commercial buildings.
How to Reach Ground Zero
- Genbaku Domu-mae tram stop.
- Heiwa-kinen-koen tram stop.
- Peace Park Cafe Shop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hiroshima before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hiroshima and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.16% of people who visit Hiroshima include Ground Zero in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
40.17% of people start their Ground Zero visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ground Zero
76.39% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ground Zero