Central Post Office, Ho Chi Minh City
About Central Post Office, Ho Chi Minh City
Central Post Office, Ho Chi Minh City - Address, Phone Number
Address: 2 Cong xa Paris, Ben Nghe, tp. Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 33.8K times in trip plans
Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of Gustav Eiffel’s iconic designs, the Central Post Office is worth visiting just to admire its beautiful architecture.
The central Post Office is one of the oldest buildings in the city, built around 1886. A symbol of pride for Ho Chi Minh, this post office is a prominent landmark located right in the heart of the city.
Central Post Office Information
- Foreign money exchange is also available here.
- Saigon Central Post Office is always included in any city tour, as it’s quite easy to get there on foot, bike or motorbike from other attractions like Reunification Palace or War Remnants Museum can be clubbed along with this.
- You can buy stamps, books, souvenirs and collector coin sets inside.
How To reach Central Post Office by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Doi Dien 115 Ter Hai Ba Trung.
Restaurants Near Central Post Office
- Samsara Bar and Cafe
- Hai Au Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ho Chi Minh City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ho Chi Minh City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Central Post Office, Ho Chi Minh City Reviews - Write a Review
Love to see iconic buildings restored and preserved. It has still much room for improvement. The market inside needs to be more authentic rather than just selling things catering to tourists. Tourists are not stupid.
The building and it's architecture is amazing. There are a load of gifts that you may buy here, you can also send a postcard from here to yourself or a loved one from this post office. The best part to me are the statues at the front. It's a huge symbol to me that the country recognizes the contributions of all it's citizens, man or woman, for it's independence.
I love this place so much. The colonial building is so beautiful. I spend couple hours here just to admire the interior design
Beautiful landmark to check out has great history and character it’s buzzing follow of tourists with its mix current day tradition and the fact that it still is fully operational. There is still the old tradition carried out which is the writing of letters for the people that are unable to write . There is a display of time zones from around the world and also several different bank atm’s hear underneath the world clocks .
Historic colonial building that hosts the post office. Make tourist attraction. Great tile floor and interior architecture.
- Nearby Attractions
- Thi Bar Saigon
- 259 Hải Thượng Lãn Ông
- Green Suites 2 Hotel
- Vinh Nghiem Pagoda
- Saigon Food Tour
- Dong Huy Hotel
- Long Tan Cross
- Mui Nem
- 56 Bến Vân Đồn
- Ho Chi Minh City Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Ho Chi Minh City
- What to See in 48 Hours in Ho Chi Minh City
- What to See in 72 Hours in Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 5 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 6 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 7 Days in Ho Chi Minh City