Central Post Office Tours
About Central Post Office, Ho Chi Minh City
One of Gustav Eiffel’s iconic designs, the Central Post Office is worth visiting just to admire its beautiful architecture.
The central Post Office is one of the oldest buildings in the city, built around 1886. A symbol of pride for Ho Chi Minh, this post office is a prominent landmark located right in the heart of the city.
Central Post Office Information
- Foreign money exchange is also available here.
- Saigon Central Post Office is always included in any city tour, as it’s quite easy to get there on foot, bike or motorbike from other attractions like Reunification Palace or War Remnants Museum can be clubbed along with this.
- You can buy stamps, books, souvenirs and collector coin sets inside.
How To Get To Central Post Office by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Doi Dien 115 Ter Hai Ba Trung.
Restaurants Near Central Post Office
- Samsara Bar and Cafe
- Hai Au Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ho Chi Minh City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ho Chi Minh City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 2 Cong xa Paris, Ben Nghe, tp. Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 33.3K times in trip plans
Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Central Post Office Tickets And Tours
Saigon, also known as Ho Chi Minh City, is not only a vital economic city but also a tourist one in the southern Vietnam. It has a wide variety of attractive destination system including 11 museums with thousands of artifacts; more than 1,000 pagodas, temples, shrines and Gothic, Roman styled churches. There are also a unique combination between many important architectural constructions remaining from the colonial period and modern buildings in the city. Experience a full day sightseeing tourist attractions around Saigon and explore Cu Chi Tunnels to learn how Vietnamese fought during the war.
Feel the hustle and bustle of Saigon as you travel by Cyclo the typical pedicabs of the city and experience local life up close on this night tour.
See the historical and architectural highlights of Ho Chi Minh City on a full-day tour with an expert guide. After visiting the outskirts of town to tour the Cu Chi tunnel system, once used by the Viet Cong, return to the city center to see Reunification Palace and French Colonial structures like Notre Dame Cathedral, City Hall and Ho Chi Minh Municipal Theater (Saigon Opera House). Learn about Vietnamese history and culture, and end your day at the bustling Ben Thanh market. This tour is limited to seven people to ensure you enjoy a small-group experience.
Share your experience - Rate Central Post Office, Ho Chi Minh City
I went only as a tourist to admire the building, so I have no clue how quality the service of the post office looks. But the building itself is beautiful, and opposite the street from Notre Dame cathedral, so worth popping in if you're in the area
As a functioning post office, it's horrible. I called their hotline, the automated machine asked me to wait on the line and then it hung up on me. There's no lines, so people are pushing and shoving (even foreigners). I speak some Vietnamese, but I can't read. When I asked them about prices, they told me to go look at their website. I told them I can't read Vietnamese, they told me to go look at their website, again. Instead of repainting the building, they should have focused on other priorities. #Vietnam.
Must visit place. You can find many beautiful postcards and other souvenirs here. Beautiful architecture of European style.
wonderful architecture! inside the building is a bustling government office filled with tourists who want to send postcards to their loved ones. liked the gift shops at the two sides of the office, better than the night markets where you have vendors who'd coerce you into buying their products.
Good sightseeing spot for picture taking and to send someone a greeting post card. There are tables and a postcard counter for visitors to buy and send post cards. For once surprise your love ones with a hand written postcard. When were the last time you did that? Lol!
- Other Attractions
- Ahilya Fort
- Ahilyabai Temple
- Rajrajeshwar Temple
- Pandrinath Temple
- Hansa Heritage
- Hotel Sanginee
- Narmada Retreat
- Hotel Ashray
- Homa Therapy Goshala
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Ahilya Fort
- 5 Star Hotels Near Ahilyabai Temple
- Cheap Hotels Near Rajrajeshwar Temple
- Luxury Hotels Near Pandrinath Temple
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Hansa Heritage
- Hotels Near Hotel Sanginee
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Narmada Retreat
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Hotel Ashray
- Budget Hotels Near Homa Therapy Goshala
- City Tripplans
- Ho Chi Minh City Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Ho Chi Minh City from Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Itinerary 4 Days
- Ho Chi Minh City Itinerary 3 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Ho Chi Minh City from Ho Chi Minh City
- 4 Day Trip to Ho Chi Minh City from Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Ho Chi Minh City from Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Itinerary 5 Days
- Ho Chi Minh City Itinerary 6 Days