How to Reach Ho Chi Minh City - The Easiest Way to Reach Ho Chi Minh City
- Taxi and Rental Car: Taxis are cheap and plentiful, and you can flag one down pretty much any time of day. It's worth noting that they become very scarce in the rain though. Watch out for scam artists, as some companies charge 3 times market rate and target tourists and others will happily drive in circles to run up the metre. Carry written instructions in Vietnamese as they don't usually speak English.Rental cars with a driver are easy to obtain for longer excursions and can work out good value for money, ask in your hotel for recommendations.
- Motorbike: Motorcycle taxis are common and come in many variants, there's an element of risk to the journey but it's an efficient way to beat the rush hour traffic.
- Buses: Buses are cheap and there are over 150 routes through the city, pay the fare collector and not the driver though – journeys are usually less than $1 (in local currency).
- On Foot: It's hot but often walking is the best way to see the sights, but watch out for motorcyclists on the pavements – not all of them will try and let you know they are there, before ploughing into you.
Are you looking for a Ho Chi Minh City travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ho Chi Minh City. The most preferred mode of transport in Ho Chi Minh City is Motorbike.
Average distance: 8.5 km Average time: 34.05 min
Motorbike 58.14%Motorbike 26.52 min Walking 0.56 min Overall average time for 8.54 kms 27.08 min
Walking 11.63%Walking 38 min Motorbike 12 min Overall average time for 4.8 kms 50 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.65%Bus 45 min Walking 7.5 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 57.5 min
Bike 11.63%Bike 25.2 min Other 9 min Overall average time for 6.14 kms 34.2 min
Car 9.3%Driving 38.25 min Bike 6.25 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 12.63 kms 45.75 min
How to Reach Ho Chi Minh City from Nearby Cities
|Ho Chi Minh City Museum to Ho Chi Minh City||7.92 km||7 mins|
|Warehouse For Rent Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam ' Pdindustrials to Ho Chi Minh City||8.31 km||8 mins|
|Ho Chi Minh City to Ho Chi Minh City||12 km||11 mins|
|Tp. Vũng Tàu to Ho Chi Minh City||93.74 km||1 hour 48 mins|
|Phan Thiet to Ho Chi Minh City||172.71 km||3 hours 9 mins|
- How to reach Bến Nghé
- How to reach An Lạc
- How to reach Bến Cát
- How to reach Tp. Tân An
- How to reach Gò Dầu
- How to reach Long An
- How to reach Cái Bè District
- How to reach Duyên Hải District
- How to reach Khánh Hòa
- How to reach Nha Trang
- How to reach Ha Long Bay
- How to reach Hanoi
- How to reach Sa Pa
- How to reach Da Nang
- How to reach Hoi An