Female Factory Historic Site1271 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 16 Degraves Street, South Hobart, Hobart, Tasmania 7004, Australia
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-362336656
- Ticket Price: 15 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Off Beaten Path, Historical Site, Family And Kids
During the years of the conquest and acquisition, Hobart was where the convicts were sent. Like the Penitentiary Chapel was a place for the convicted men, the Female Factory was where all the women were sent, until they gained some employment or either got married off. Whilst they were there, the female convicts were engaged in household chores such as washing, spinning and sewing. During the Female Factory’s operational years, there were over a 1000 inmates including a few children of the convicts. Although not much of the original premises remains, the site is still an important part of the nation’s history; the best way to see it is through a guided tour! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hobart itinerary 3 days.
Entrance Ticket Details For Female Factory Historic Site
Tours: Her Story
- Time: 11:00 am
- Adult- $20, Child- $12.50 and Family- $60
Heritage Tour (Including Site Entry And Visitor Guide)
- Time: Tours at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm & 3:00 pm daily.
- Adult- $15, Child- $10(Also concession holders and students) and Family- $40
Site Entry ( Including Visitor Guide)
- Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Adult- $5, Child- $5(Also concession holders and students) and Family- $15
Female Factory Historic Site Hours
- Bookings are essential for tours.
How to Reach Female Factory Historic Site
- 110 Cascade Rd (Bus Stop)
- Flathead (seafood recommended)
- Le Provencal (French food served)
- Ginger Brown (Australian food served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hobart before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hobart and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.36% of people who visit Hobart include Female Factory Historic Site in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
60.19% of people start their Female Factory Historic Site visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Female Factory Historic Site
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Female Factory Historic Site