How to Reach Hobart
- The easiest way to get to Hobart is by air. Quanta’s Airlines flies directly to Hobart as do some of the more local airlines.
- Spirit of Tasmania runs ferries from Melbourne and Devonport to the island of Hobart.
- If you’re already in the Tasmanian region, you could catch a bus to Hobart; check with Metro as for their schedule.
- Hobart is a relatively small place so getting around isn’t all that much of a task.
- From the city centre, every major tourist attraction is approximately 15 minutes on foot.
- The local transport network of Hobart is excellent and extremely well connected. If you don’t want to hire a car or bicycle, just map out the stations (metro and bus) closest to the attractions you’re visiting so you don’t waste time asking for help and directions.
- You could hire a car from a dealership and drive around Hobart. Parking is relatively easy to find and parking meters are timed and metered regularly.
- Another option would be to hail a cab. Although it might cost a little more, it’s the most convenient way to get from point A to point B.