Kapama Game Reserve, HoedspruitCurrently Open
- Address: Kappa Private Game Reserve, R40, hoedspruit, Limpopo, 1830, South Africa
- Phone: +27-123680600
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Safari, Wildlife Safari, Family And Kids
About Kapama Game Reserve, Hoedspruit
Kapama Private Game Reserve comprises of luxury game lodges and occupies a vast area between South Africa’s the Greater Kruger National Park and the Northern Drakensberg mountains. Situated in Limpopo which is renowned for its amusing and diverse wildlife, Kapama Private Game Reserve is home to over 40 different mammal species. The species here include elephants, leopard, buffalo, lion and rhinoceros. Approximately 350 bird species can also be seen here.
This renowned South African game reserve was established in 1986. It was made by the late Johann Roode on a farm called Moria near Hoedspruit. He used it for cattle grazing initially, but in no time it expanded.
Harsh conditions and predators destroyed the cattle. A year later, Johann transformed the property into an ecotourism business. Today Buffalo Camp stands on the original farm and River Lodge on an acquired farm. Extensive land has since then been acquired and added to Kapama.
Today it is one of Africa’s premium ecotourism destinations. This reserve is still owned by the Roode family and is the largest private game reserve owned by a single family in the area. You can also spot rare wildlife including king cheetah, wild dogs and nocturnal black-footed cat on your visit here.
For now, Kapama is complete offering you a River Lodge, Kapama Karula, Buffalo Camp and Southern Camp. Do not miss out on the famous African Spa treatments when here!
Kapama Game Reserve Information
- Do not miss out on the elephant safari.
- Refer to the website to know all the activities that they offer.
- Keep an entire day in hand to enjoy the place completely and definitely try staying here for 2 nights too.
Kapama Game Reserve Ticket Prices
- Most of the activities are included in the tariff, please refer to the website or contact the authorities.
Kapama Game Reserve Opening and Closing Hours
- Please contact the authorities for further information on booking and time for activities.
How To reach Kapama Game Reserve by Public Transport
- 18.0 kilometers from the Hoedspruit Railway Station.
- Take a cab and travel via R 40.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hoedspruit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hoedspruit and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kapama Game Reserve, Hoedspruit Reviews
All Questionskapama game reserve
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Hoedspruit
- Lisbon Falls
- Otter's Den
- Simbavati River Lodge
- Kapama Karula
- Hoedspruit Air Force Base Airport
- Transfrontier Africa
- Phuza Moya Private Game Reserve
- Campfire Academy (learn ~ Understand ~ Inspire)
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp
- Moditlo Private Game Reserve
- Ntsiri Nature Reserve