Kinyonga Reptile CentreCurrently Closed
- Address: R527, Hoedspruit, Valley of the Olifants, Limpopo, South Africa
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-157955203
- Ticket Price: 60 ZAR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
Kinyonga Reptile Centre - Review
“Kinyonga” basically means little lion in Swahili and in some places it’s also the word for chameleon. These harmless reptiles are often feared by the people and a lot of inhabitants of Africa. Although this fear is all the more with snakes, but it`s a lesser known fact that most snakes are actually harmless. The Kinyonga Reptile Centre has a team that has dedicated themselves towards saving reptiles by all means possible. They look at ways to adopt education as a powerful tool that should play a major role in conservation.
The Kinyonga Reptile Centre is situated in Hoedspruit Limpopo, South Africa. It comes in one of the most pristine parts of the country with respect to natural heritage. This area has a particularly large variety of snakes. There is also a high frequency of interactions between snakes and people, making this the perfect location for reptile-related research and public education.
They are not into buying and selling of animals and therefore the breeding of animals is very limited. But, animals that can be relocated or released into breeding and research programs are encouraged to breed.
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Information
- If you are someone who gets easily scared by reptiles, then avoiding this place.
- This place caters to reptile related emergencies 24 hours. If you are someone who would love to see as to how a reptile is treated (it’s a very rare sight) then definitely visit this place.
- Do not miss the tea garden or the Lizard Rock cafe for sure!
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Ticket Prices
- Child (4-12 years old): 30.00 South African Rand
- Adult (12 and above): 60.00 South African Rand
- 6 persons minimum-20 persons maximum: 75.00 South African Rand per person
- 3 persons minimum-6 persons maximum: 500.00 South African Rand per person
More than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 15.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 25.00 South African Rand per person
Less than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 30.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 60.00 South African Rand per person
How To reach Kinyonga Reptile Centre by Public Transport
- 15.5 kilometers from the Hoedspruit railway station.
- Only way to get here is by rental cars.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hoedspruit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hoedspruit and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kinyonga Reptile Centre
95% of people who visit Hoedspruit include Kinyonga Reptile Centre in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
53.79% of people start their Kinyonga Reptile Centre visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kinyonga Reptile Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kinyonga Reptile Centre
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Map
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Trips
Kinyonga Reptile Centre, Hoedspruit Reviews
A very educational experience. Had a very helpful guide who took the time to explain where all the reptiles were from as well as other relevant information about them. The reptiles are all well taken care of and there were many of them to view such as crocs, lizards and a lot of snakes. And for the price (R150) it was well worth it.
A wonderful experience for the whole family! Providing wifi for a cheap fee,delicious food at the Lizard Rock restaurant,and for the brave - pictures can be taken with one of their beautiful pythons. The enclosures are well kept,clean and as close to the reptile's natural habitat as one could get while still making sure they're visible to guests. Information is given about each species at every enclosure,even showing the placement of fangs and toxicity. As wonderful as the park is,it's small,and some of the enclosures are just the same species of reptile. At the slowest pace and having a full meal at the restaurant,it might only keep a guest busy for about 2 hours.
Beautiful tropical garden with a very pleasant little restaurant to sit and relax. Large variety of snakes with some very interesting species. A must visit when in Hoedspruit. This is a place for the whole family.
Pleasant place with a couple of interesting additions. Its not that big so dont plan to spend the whole afternoon unless you are eating there as well. Constantly being upgraded so hopefully there will be more to see. Pleasant staff and some options for hands on photos with the pythons.
Had a great time, the food was a bit expensive, but that is understandable as it is mostly aimed at tourists. The guided tours are very informative as the guide talks about a lot of the reptiles they have as you past their enclosures.
All QuestionsKinyonga reptile centre
- Estudio De Arte Moreno
- Polideportivo Muncipal De Santa Fe
- Casa De La Cultura
- Biblioteca Municipal De Santa Fe
- Mantas Moreno Manuel
- Al - Ándalus Carpas
- Producciones Maza
- Instituto De América - Centro Damián Bayón
- La Sanguijuela
- Santa María De Gracia
- Museo Municipal De Espera
- Ayuntamiento De Espera
- Ganaderia De Piñeiro
- Astilleros Gondan
- Camping Playa De Penarronda