Kinyonga Reptile Centre178 Votes Currently Open
- Address: R527, Hoedspruit, Valley of the Olifants, Limpopo, South Africa
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-157955203
- Ticket Price: 60 ZAR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
“Kinyonga” basically means little lion in Swahili and in some places it’s also the word for chameleon. These harmless reptiles are often feared by the people and a lot of inhabitants of Africa. Although this fear is all the more with snakes, but it`s a lesser known fact that most snakes are actually harmless. The Kinyonga Reptile Centre has a team that has dedicated themselves towards saving reptiles by all means possible. They look at ways to adopt education as a powerful tool that should play a major role in conservation.
The Kinyonga Reptile Centre is situated in Hoedspruit Limpopo, South Africa. It comes in one of the most pristine parts of the country with respect to natural heritage. This area has a particularly large variety of snakes. There is also a high frequency of interactions between snakes and people, making this the perfect location for reptile-related research and public education.
They are not into buying and selling of animals and therefore the breeding of animals is very limited. But, animals that can be relocated or released into breeding and research programs are encouraged to breed.
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Travel Tips
- If you are someone who gets easily scared by reptiles, then avoiding this place.
- This place caters to reptile related emergencies 24 hours. If you are someone who would love to see as to how a reptile is treated (it’s a very rare sight) then definitely visit this place.
- Do not miss the tea garden or the Lizard Rock cafe for sure!
Entrance Ticket Details For Kinyonga Reptile Centre
- Child (4-12 years old): 30.00 South African Rand
- Adult (12 and above): 60.00 South African Rand
- 6 persons minimum-20 persons maximum: 75.00 South African Rand per person
- 3 persons minimum-6 persons maximum: 500.00 South African Rand per person
More than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 15.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 25.00 South African Rand per person
Less than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 30.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 60.00 South African Rand per person
How to Reach Kinyonga Reptile Centre
- 15.5 kilometers from the Hoedspruit railway station.
- Only way to get here is by rental cars.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hoedspruit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hoedspruit and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.73% of people who visit Hoedspruit include Kinyonga Reptile Centre in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40% of people start their Kinyonga Reptile Centre visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kinyonga Reptile Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kinyonga Reptile Centre