Kinyonga Reptile Centre, Hoedspruit
About Kinyonga Reptile Centre, Hoedspruit
Kinyonga Reptile Centre, Hoedspruit - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: R527, Hoedspruit, Valley of the Olifants, Limpopo
Ticket Price: 60 ZAR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1K times in trip plans
Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
“Kinyonga” basically means little lion in Swahili and in some places it’s also the word for chameleon. These harmless reptiles are often feared by the people and a lot of inhabitants of Africa. Although this fear is all the more with snakes, but it`s a lesser known fact that most snakes are actually harmless. The Kinyonga Reptile Centre has a team that has dedicated themselves towards saving reptiles by all means possible. They look at ways to adopt education as a powerful tool that should play a major role in conservation.
The Kinyonga Reptile Centre is situated in Hoedspruit Limpopo, South Africa. It comes in one of the most pristine parts of the country with respect to natural heritage. This area has a particularly large variety of snakes. There is also a high frequency of interactions between snakes and people, making this the perfect location for reptile-related research and public education.
They are not into buying and selling of animals and therefore the breeding of animals is very limited. But, animals that can be relocated or released into breeding and research programs are encouraged to breed.
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Information
- If you are someone who gets easily scared by reptiles, then avoiding this place.
- This place caters to reptile related emergencies 24 hours. If you are someone who would love to see as to how a reptile is treated (it’s a very rare sight) then definitely visit this place.
- Do not miss the tea garden or the Lizard Rock cafe for sure!
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Ticket Prices
- Child (4-12 years old): 30.00 South African Rand
- Adult (12 and above): 60.00 South African Rand
- 6 persons minimum-20 persons maximum: 75.00 South African Rand per person
- 3 persons minimum-6 persons maximum: 500.00 South African Rand per person
More than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 15.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 25.00 South African Rand per person
Less than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 30.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 60.00 South African Rand per person
How To reach Kinyonga Reptile Centre by Public Transport
- 15.5 kilometers from the Hoedspruit railway station.
- Only way to get here is by rental cars.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hoedspruit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hoedspruit and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kinyonga Reptile Centre, Hoedspruit Reviews - Write a Review
This is such a great place - we spent many hours there! Great displays with lots of different snakes and other reptiles, very interesting explanations by the friendly staff, truely excellent food in the restaurant exceeding our expectations by far (also suitable for vegetarians) and possibility to handle snakes and parrots! Worth a trip!!
Plenty of snakes and other reptiles. Not great service and pretty dead place. Not very interactive.
Not improving... Too small...
It was a great learning experience, and the guide was so nice, patient, and informative! They are doing amazing things here with protecting, rehabilitating, and relocating animals!
- Nearby Attractions
- African Dawn Safaris - Tours & Transfers
- Gomo Gomo Game Lodge
- Hobby Box
- Leading Edge Flight School
- Siyafunda Conservation
- Tshukudu Game Lodge
- Hoedspruit Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Hoedspruit
- What to See in 48 Hours in Hoedspruit
- What to See in 72 Hours in Hoedspruit
- How to Spend 5 Days in Hoedspruit
- How to Spend 6 Days in Hoedspruit
- How to Spend 7 Days in Hoedspruit