Kinyonga Reptile CentreCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: R527, Hoedspruit, Valley of the Olifants, Limpopo, South Africa
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-157955203
- Ticket Price: 60 ZAR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
“Kinyonga” basically means little lion in Swahili and in some places it’s also the word for chameleon. These harmless reptiles are often feared by the people and a lot of inhabitants of Africa. Although this fear is all the more with snakes, but it`s a lesser known fact that most snakes are actually harmless. The Kinyonga Reptile Centre has a team that has dedicated themselves towards saving reptiles by all means possible. They look at ways to adopt education as a powerful tool that should play a major role in conservation.
The Kinyonga Reptile Centre is situated in Hoedspruit Limpopo, South Africa. It comes in one of the most pristine parts of the country with respect to natural heritage. This area has a particularly large variety of snakes. There is also a high frequency of interactions between snakes and people, making this the perfect location for reptile-related research and public education.
They are not into buying and selling of animals and therefore the breeding of animals is very limited. But, animals that can be relocated or released into breeding and research programs are encouraged to breed.
- If you are someone who gets easily scared by reptiles, then avoiding this place.
- This place caters to reptile related emergencies 24 hours. If you are someone who would love to see as to how a reptile is treated (it’s a very rare sight) then definitely visit this place.
- Do not miss the tea garden or the Lizard Rock cafe for sure!
- Child (4-12 years old): 30.00 South African Rand
- Adult (12 and above): 60.00 South African Rand
- 6 persons minimum-20 persons maximum: 75.00 South African Rand per person
- 3 persons minimum-6 persons maximum: 500.00 South African Rand per person
More than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 15.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 25.00 South African Rand per person
Less than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 30.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 60.00 South African Rand per person
- 15.5 kilometers from the Hoedspruit railway station.
- Only way to get here is by rental cars.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hoedspruit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hoedspruit and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.99% of people who visit Hoedspruit include Kinyonga Reptile Centre in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40% of people start their Kinyonga Reptile Centre visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kinyonga Reptile Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kinyonga Reptile Centre
Had a great morning at Kinyonga learning about the reptiles of the area, really enjoyed it and had a live demonstration of snake handling. Highly recommended!
A very educational experience. Had a very helpful guide who took the time to explain where all the reptiles were from as well as other relevant information about them. The reptiles are all well taken care of and there were many of them to view such as crocs, lizards and a lot of snakes. And for the price (R150) it was well worth it.
Awesome place, stunning animals in clean, proper enclosures with a lot of information beeing provided. I recommend booking a tour in advance so guide Prince or an orher great curator can show you everything there is to see and even do a snake demo for you which is amazing. And all of this is in the name of conservation!!
The crawling friends are so amazing
Great for kids. Animals well looked after.