Kinyonga Reptile Centre, Hoedspruit
Kinyonga Reptile Centre - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: R527, Hoedspruit, Valley of the Olifants, Limpopo, South Africa
Ticket Price: 60 ZAR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1K times in trip plans
Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
With TripHobo, planning trip has now become easier
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Need more info?
About Kinyonga Reptile Centre, Hoedspruit
“Kinyonga” basically means little lion in Swahili and in some places it’s also the word for chameleon. These harmless reptiles are often feared by the people and a lot of inhabitants of Africa. Although this fear is all the more with snakes, but it`s a lesser known fact that most snakes are actually harmless. The Kinyonga Reptile Centre has a team that has dedicated themselves towards saving reptiles by all means possible. They look at ways to adopt education as a powerful tool that should play a major role in conservation.
The Kinyonga Reptile Centre is situated in Hoedspruit Limpopo, South Africa. It comes in one of the most pristine parts of the country with respect to natural heritage. This area has a particularly large variety of snakes. There is also a high frequency of interactions between snakes and people, making this the perfect location for reptile-related research and public education.
They are not into buying and selling of animals and therefore the breeding of animals is very limited. But, animals that can be relocated or released into breeding and research programs are encouraged to breed.
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Information
- If you are someone who gets easily scared by reptiles, then avoiding this place.
- This place caters to reptile related emergencies 24 hours. If you are someone who would love to see as to how a reptile is treated (it’s a very rare sight) then definitely visit this place.
- Do not miss the tea garden or the Lizard Rock cafe for sure!
Kinyonga Reptile Centre Ticket Prices
- Child (4-12 years old): 30.00 South African Rand
- Adult (12 and above): 60.00 South African Rand
- 6 persons minimum-20 persons maximum: 75.00 South African Rand per person
- 3 persons minimum-6 persons maximum: 500.00 South African Rand per person
More than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 15.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 25.00 South African Rand per person
Less than 40 ( Please book)
- Upto 12 years old: 30.00 South African Rand per person
- Older than 12 years old: 60.00 South African Rand per person
How To reach Kinyonga Reptile Centre by Public Transport
- 15.5 kilometers from the Hoedspruit railway station.
- Only way to get here is by rental cars.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hoedspruit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hoedspruit and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kinyonga Reptile Centre, Hoedspruit Reviews
Pleasant place with a couple of interesting additions. Its not that big so dont plan to spend the whole afternoon unless you are eating there as well. Constantly being upgraded so hopefully there will be more to see. Pleasant staff and some options for hands on photos with the pythons.
This is such a great place - we spent many hours there! Great displays with lots of different snakes and other reptiles, very interesting explanations by the friendly staff, truely excellent food in the restaurant exceeding our expectations by far (also suitable for vegetarians) and possibility to handle snakes and parrots! Worth a trip!!
Not quite what it once was, it's lost the magic and alot of the displays and cages are either empty or unkept. Place needs a good cleaning and some maintenance but isn't a bad morning out.
Very informative, close encounter. Enjoyed the outing.
Plenty of snakes and other reptiles. Not great service and pretty dead place. Not very interactive.
All Questionskinyonga reptile centre
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Hoedspruit
- Simbavati River Lodge
- Kapama Karula
- Hoedspruit Air Force Base Airport
- Transfrontier Africa
- Phuza Moya Private Game Reserve
- Campfire Academy (learn ~ Understand ~ Inspire)
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp
- Moditlo Private Game Reserve
- Ntsiri Nature Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge
- Shikwari Game Reserve