Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation CentreCurrently Open [Closes at 03:00 pm]
- Address: Mopani, South Africa, Hoedspruit
- Timings: 09:30 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-157955236
- Ticket Price: 130 ZAR
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
This place is home to many of South Africa’s abandoned, injured, tortured and poisoned wildlife and a highly respected contributor to wildlife education in the country. Situated in the majestic “Mariepskop”; this unique Rehabilitation Centre is home to a wide variety of animals and birds. Some of them are rescued Lions, Cheetahs, Leopards and most of them have really adorable names. The Centre has a long standing Serval Breeding Project, which has been really successful until now. Another fact of Moholoholo is that they are the only facility in South Africa to have successfully bred the endangered Crown Eagle. They also have a number of ‘permanent residents’ that reside at the centre at their cost and are used as ‘ambassadors’ for these species. The public is therefore able to get an ‘up close and personal’ experience of these incredible creatures, while they have the ability to practically demonstrate to the public the problems that wildlife is facing.
- Find ways to donate to this wildlife rehab, as it is a noble cause.
- Do not miss out on the nearby attractions related to wildlife, refer to their website.
- Read up on the history so as to get a better idea of the place and also a visual idea roughly about the rehab center.
- For volunteer and student programmes, refer to the official website.
- 6 yrs & under: No charge
- 7 yrs-12 yrs: 60.00 per child
- 13 yrs-adult: 130.00 per person
- Pensioners: 100.00 per person
Two tours daily from Monday to Saturday:
- 1st tour starts at 09:30
- 2nd tour starts at 15:00
They are only open on Sundays during the Limpopo Province school holidays and over long weekends; on these occasions there will be only one tour at 15:00. (Approximate duration of the tour is 2 – 2½ hours)
- 28.3 kilometers from Hoedspruit railway station.
- Take a cab via R527 and R531.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hoedspruit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hoedspruit and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Hoedspruit include Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
93.55% of people start their Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre