Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, Hoedspruit
Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Mopani, South Africa, Hoedspruit
Ticket Price: 130 ZAR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 03:00 pm Details
Added 1.4K times in trip plans
Forest, Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
The city's travel itinerary planner tool is definitely very useful
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, Hoedspruit
This place is home to many of South Africa’s abandoned, injured, tortured and poisoned wildlife and a highly respected contributor to wildlife education in the country. Situated in the majestic “Mariepskop”; this unique Rehabilitation Centre is home to a wide variety of animals and birds. Some of them are rescued Lions, Cheetahs, Leopards and most of them have really adorable names. The Centre has a long standing Serval Breeding Project, which has been really successful until now. Another fact of Moholoholo is that they are the only facility in South Africa to have successfully bred the endangered Crown Eagle. They also have a number of ‘permanent residents’ that reside at the centre at their cost and are used as ‘ambassadors’ for these species. The public is therefore able to get an ‘up close and personal’ experience of these incredible creatures, while they have the ability to practically demonstrate to the public the problems that wildlife is facing.
Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre Information
- Find ways to donate to this wildlife rehab, as it is a noble cause.
- Do not miss out on the nearby attractions related to wildlife, refer to their website.
- Read up on the history so as to get a better idea of the place and also a visual idea roughly about the rehab center.
- For volunteer and student programmes, refer to the official website.
Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre Ticket Prices
- 6 yrs & under: No charge
- 7 yrs-12 yrs: 60.00 per child
- 13 yrs-adult: 130.00 per person
- Pensioners: 100.00 per person
Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre Opening and Closing Hours
Two tours daily from Monday to Saturday:
- 1st tour starts at 09:30
- 2nd tour starts at 15:00
They are only open on Sundays during the Limpopo Province school holidays and over long weekends; on these occasions there will be only one tour at 15:00. (Approximate duration of the tour is 2 – 2½ hours)
How To reach Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre by Public Transport
- 28.3 kilometers from Hoedspruit railway station.
- Take a cab via R527 and R531.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hoedspruit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hoedspruit and book an accommodation of your choice.
Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, Hoedspruit Reviews
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Hoedspruit
- Otter's Den
- Simbavati River Lodge
- Kapama Karula
- Hoedspruit Air Force Base Airport
- Transfrontier Africa
- Phuza Moya Private Game Reserve
- Campfire Academy (learn ~ Understand ~ Inspire)
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp
- Moditlo Private Game Reserve
- Ntsiri Nature Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge