Le Vieux Bassin, Honfleur
About Le Vieux Bassin, Honfleur
Le Vieux Bassin, Honfleur - Address
Address: Vieux Bassin, 14600 Honfleur, France
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Art Gallery, Tour, Historical Site, Monument, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Shopping Center, Resort, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This picturesque port is undoubtedly the high point on a visit to the Norman town of Honfleur. It was remodelled by Duquesne in the year 1681 under orders from Colbert. This port has a lot to offer to the traveller in terms of visual as well as culinary treats. Quai Saint-Etienne to the south has large stone houses whereas Quai Sainte Catherine has high, narrow wooden houses. This unusual ensemble provides the perfect backdrop to the bobbing yachts harboured here.
The Lieutenance is an eighteenth century building at the entrance of the old harbour. The must-do’s are:
- A leisurely stroll through the cobblestone streets.
- Ascrumptious meal at the roof top cafes.
- Ride the carrousel or the ferris wheel.
This quaint town is sure to offer you visual as well as culinary delights and transports you back in time.
Le Vieux Bassin Information
- A lot of dog mess on the ground, so watch where you step.
- The food and drink might be too pricey. Visit the back streets for a modest budget.
- Protect yourself against mosquitoes.
How To reach Le Vieux Bassin by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi or walk.
Restaurants Near Le Vieux Bassin
- La Gourmandine
- Jeff De Bruges
- La MaisonBleue
- Restaurant Le Chat qui peche
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Honfleur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honfleur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Le Vieux Bassin, Honfleur Reviews - Write a Review
Magnifique très jolis ville port tout mais il y a du monde .à faire à conseillez et surtout à ne pas manquez .
Molto carino. Merita
Magnifique petit bassin typique où les canards se mélangent aux bateaux.
Magnifique port charmant
- Nearby Attractions
- Aux Blés D'or - Sarl Honfleur Gourmet
- Plage Honfleur
- Brasserie Sainte Catherine
- Centre Paroissial Pierre Berthelot
- Paroisse Notre-dame De L'estuaire
- Carrousel A Honfleur
- Richard Lowther
- Greniers A Sel
- Restaurants Honfleur
- Honfleur Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Honfleur
- What to See in 48 Hours in Honfleur
- What to See in 72 Hours in Honfleur
- How to Spend 5 Days in Honfleur
- How to Spend 6 Days in Honfleur
- How to Spend 7 Days in Honfleur