Le Vieux BassinCurrently Open
- Address: Vieux Bassin, 14600 Honfleur, France
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Tour, Historical Site, Monument, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Shopping Center, Resort, Heritage Building
Le Vieux Bassin - Review
This picturesque port is undoubtedly the high point on a visit to the Norman town of Honfleur. It was remodelled by Duquesne in the year 1681 under orders from Colbert. This port has a lot to offer to the traveller in terms of visual as well as culinary treats. Quai Saint-Etienne to the south has large stone houses whereas Quai Sainte Catherine has high, narrow wooden houses. This unusual ensemble provides the perfect backdrop to the bobbing yachts harboured here.
The Lieutenance is an eighteenth century building at the entrance of the old harbour. The must-do’s are:
- A leisurely stroll through the cobblestone streets.
- Ascrumptious meal at the roof top cafes.
- Ride the carrousel or the ferris wheel.
This quaint town is sure to offer you visual as well as culinary delights and transports you back in time.
Le Vieux Bassin Information
- A lot of dog mess on the ground, so watch where you step.
- The food and drink might be too pricey. Visit the back streets for a modest budget.
- Protect yourself against mosquitoes.
How To reach Le Vieux Bassin by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi or walk.
Restaurants Near Le Vieux Bassin
- La Gourmandine
- Jeff De Bruges
- La MaisonBleue
- Restaurant Le Chat qui peche
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Honfleur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honfleur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Le Vieux Bassin
95% of people who visit Honfleur include Le Vieux Bassin in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
50.36% of people start their Le Vieux Bassin visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Le Vieux Bassin
79.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Le Vieux Bassin
Le Vieux Bassin Trips
Le Vieux Bassin, Honfleur Reviews
Among the most beautiful ports of the region, surrounded by French-dining experience, stone pavements and slate-covered buildings.
Nice old little harbour with cute french fish restaurants. Check your tripadvisor first though... Some are great but some are horrible eg: la cabane du pêcheur 🤢
Un endroit agréable pour se promener et ou il fait bon vivre, pour se balader en été comme en hiver.
C est un lieu très agréable ou il fait bon venir en toutes saisons . Toute la côté est sympa a faire.
Magnifique port comme la ville c'est très sympa