Notre Dame De Grace, Honfleur
About Notre Dame De Grace, Honfleur
Notre Dame De Grace, Honfleur - Address, Phone Number
Address: 13 Rue des Capucins, 14600 Honfleur, France
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Cathedral , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Notre Dame de Grace is a lovely little chapel on the Plateau de Grace, 2 km west of the Vieux Bassin. It sits on a wooded hill about 100m high and offers the most stunning views of Honfleur. Built in the years between 1600 and 1615, it replaced an older chapel that was destroyed in a landslide. The esplanade offers some breathtaking views of the Siene estuary, Le Havre and Pont de Normandie.
Pilgrims have contributed to the chapel with marble plaques that express their gratitude for answered prayers. The mariners show their contribution through models of ships that hang from the ceiling. This chapel with its bucolic setting and chiming bells has had some pretty famous visitors including Napoleon, Louis XIII and Pierre Berthelot.
Notre Dame De Grace Information
- A musical rendition by the bell tower every fifteen minutes.
- A tough 15 minute walk uphill if on foot.
Restaurants Near Notre Dame De Grace
- Restaurant Le Breard
- Restaurant Les Maisons de Lea
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Honfleur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honfleur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Notre Dame De Grace, Honfleur Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Centre Paroissial Pierre Berthelot
- Paroisse Notre-dame De L'estuaire
- Richard Lowther
- Carrousel A Honfleur
- Greniers A Sel
- Restaurants Honfleur
- Honfleur Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Honfleur
- What to See in 48 Hours in Honfleur
- What to See in 72 Hours in Honfleur
- How to Spend 5 Days in Honfleur
- How to Spend 6 Days in Honfleur
- How to Spend 7 Days in Honfleur