- Address: South side of Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
How often does one get to a community of six hundred units living out their lives on boats? Not that often, if thing go the way their going, with fisheries cropping up all around the harbour, this particular specimen wont last very long either. Catch it quick before it just isn’t the same.
Aberdeen is an old traditional fishing village, which is hard to find in any other parts of the world. In Aberdeen, modernity meets tradition with skyscrapers overlooking a community living on traditional junks. If you are lucky, warm-hearted fishers would invite you onto their dwellings, from where you can glimpse the life of the boat-people. Pretty much everyone fishes, so why don’t you try too?
- You can take a sampan ride.
- The view of tall buildings by harbor at night is amazing, you in a boat can enjoy in a Hong Kong fishing village with the millions of lights from the jungle.
- You should take rides only with licensed operators.
- Stay hydrated.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Keep a raincoat or an umbrella handy in rainy season.
- MTR Central Station
- Golden Gate Restaurant : Rice Noodles
- Terrace Cafe : Coffee and Dim Sum
- The Frying Pan : Fusion breakfast
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.58% of people who visit Hong Kong include Aberdeen in their plan
50% of people start their Aberdeen visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aberdeen
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aberdeen