Aberdeen Floating VillageCurrently Open
- Address: Lamma Island, Hong Kong
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Village, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Boating, Neighborhoods
Aberdeen is known for its floating dwellings and one of the most important fishing ports in Hong Kong where local fishermen can be seen plying their craft from their junks. The villagers are primarily fishermen, who live, work and socialize on their boats. Small boats, known as sampans, are easily accessible for half-hour trips and provide an opportunity for small groups to observe the daily activities at the floating village.
It is also home to the floating restaurant, Jumbo.
Reaching the place is easy as it is one of the important landmarks in Hong Kong, well connected with the local transport.
Aberdeen Floating Village Travel Tips
- You should take rides only with licensed operator.
- Don’t forget to take a sampan ride.
- Keep a raincoat or an umbrella handy in rainy season.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
How to Reach Aberdeen Floating Village
- MTR Central Station
- Terrace Cafe : Coffee and Dim Su
- Golden Gate Restaurant : Rice Noodles
- The Frying Pan : Fusion breakfast
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.23% of people who visit Hong Kong include Aberdeen Floating Village in their plan
95% of people start their Aberdeen Floating Village visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aberdeen Floating Village
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aberdeen Floating Village