Chi Lin NunneryCurrently Closed
- Address: 5 Chi Lin Dr, Sheung Yuen Leng, Hong Kong
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +852-23541888
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
Chi Lin Nunnery - Review
Covering nearly 33000 square meters area of land, this large Buddhist temple complex is surely a must visit place in Hong Kong. This nunnery was first built in 1934. Later in 1990, it was renovated into a traditional Tang dynasty design. Today, the complex has numerous temple halls, lotus ponds and five storey tall Buddha relics. As you enter the place, the peaceful ambience of the complex is bound to make you feel calm and happy. Watch how the silent nuns offer rice and fruit to Buddha and arhats (Budhist disciples). According to legend, Arhats are free from the seven cycles of life and death. The elegant wooden architecture deserves praise because of its excellent artwork.
Chi Lin Nunnery Information
- Photography is allowed in the Lotus Pond Garden and courtyards. However, photography inside the halls or of the Buddha statues is not allowed.
Chi Lin Nunnery Ticket Prices
- Free entry
Chi Lin Nunnery Hours
- Lotus Pond Garden: Daily 7am - 7pm
How To reach Chi Lin Nunnery by Public Transport
- MTR Kwun Tong Line to Diamond Hill. Take exit C2: walk through Hollywood Plazaand turn east on to Fung Tak Rd.
- By bus: 11, 74X, 75X, 82X, 82P, 85M to Diamond Hill Public Transport Interchange (under Diamond Hill MTR Station).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chi Lin Nunnery
18.31% of people who visit Hong Kong include Chi Lin Nunnery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.73% of people start their Chi Lin Nunnery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Chi Lin Nunnery
91.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chi Lin Nunnery
Chi Lin Nunnery Trips
Chi Lin Nunnery, Hong Kong Reviews
Beautiful monastery, a peaceful space, well worth a visit. Easy to reach via public transport (Diamond Hill train station), make time for a stroll in the gardens.
Tranquil and beautiful garden. It’s getting busier with visitors during the weekend, specially in the afternoon and public holidays. Best to visit in the morning.
Great place to visit, it offers tranquility within a busy city. Right across from the subway station.
Velmi krásný chrám a nádherné zahrady.