Chi Lin NunneryCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: 5 Chi Lin Dr, Sheung Yuen Leng, Hong Kong
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +852-23541888
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
Covering nearly 33000 square meters area of land, this large Buddhist temple complex is surely a must visit place in Hong Kong. This nunnery was first built in 1934. Later in 1990, it was renovated into a traditional Tang dynasty design. Today, the complex has numerous temple halls, lotus ponds and five storey tall Buddha relics. As you enter the place, the peaceful ambience of the complex is bound to make you feel calm and happy. Watch how the silent nuns offer rice and fruit to Buddha and arhats (Budhist disciples). According to legend, Arhats are free from the seven cycles of life and death. The elegant wooden architecture deserves praise because of its excellent artwork.
- Photography is allowed in the Lotus Pond Garden and courtyards. However, photography inside the halls or of the Buddha statues is not allowed.
- Free entry
- Lotus Pond Garden: Daily 7am - 7pm
- MTR Kwun Tong Line to Diamond Hill. Take exit C2: walk through Hollywood Plazaand turn east on to Fung Tak Rd.
- By bus: 11, 74X, 75X, 82X, 82P, 85M to Diamond Hill Public Transport Interchange (under Diamond Hill MTR Station).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.33% of people who visit Hong Kong include Chi Lin Nunnery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.73% of people start their Chi Lin Nunnery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Chi Lin Nunnery
91.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chi Lin Nunnery
Beautiful monastery, a peaceful space, well worth a visit. Easy to reach via public transport (Diamond Hill train station), make time for a stroll in the gardens.
Chi Lin Nunnery is a large Buddist Temple,located near Diamond Hill MTR Station. Opening hours: 9:00am to 4:30pm Address: 5 Chi Lin Dr, Diamond Hill Kowloon Admission fee: FREE.
Must visit place in Hong Kong. Amazing place.
Tranquil and beautiful garden. It’s getting busier with visitors during the weekend, specially in the afternoon and public holidays. Best to visit in the morning.
Great place to visit, it offers tranquility within a busy city. Right across from the subway station.